Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
After 20 years of ownership, it is time to let my Boxster go. Sad for me as it has been such a great car and I have thoroughly enjoyed years past of the help from this group. Drives as good as it did when I drove it out of the showroom floor.

I noticed the blue book is so low on a our cars, especially given the high mileage on mine. So I am going to try listing on the high side of what I see out there on the market and see if I get any interest, probably asking around $12.5K.

Is this an unreasonable ask given its in really great shape? 2002 base, tip, with 2006 crated engine from Porsche replaced under warranty in 2006, and Pedro's IMS bearing lubrication kit installed about 4 years ago.

I just never drive it anymore and I inherited a 1962 356 that is taking up the other space in the garage, and my wife is tired of parking her car outside.

BarryL '02 2.7 Seal Grey Tip 207K
Santa Cruz, CA
Though it would have been better sold when interest was low and temperatures high but where you live it may not matter about the latter. Why I bought with snow on the ground . The miles are going to be offputting to many so be sure and stress the maintenance history.

Ask yes but with the miles my bet is be ready to negotiate. My favorite color.
Excellent advice! You've been such a wealth of information and help over the years, Mike. Thank you.
Today's kids mostly want an automatic transmission so explain that it has a Tiptronic Automatic Transmission with manual button shifters on the steering wheel. (I almost left out the f....)
That's probably a big plus in selling - my son (17) thinks the Tip is very cool (and he doesn't have to worry about stalling/paying attention to shifting when he doesn't want to). I feel the same way (and I suck at stick).

Andrew
cars are going for STUPID high prices. I sold an SUV for 3X the book price.

I agree that 207K is a LOT of miles, but with a good service history, you might have a shot in this market.

Good luck.
I was ready to sell my Boxster and listed for $12.5. I didn't get any bites and dropped the price to $10k. Still no bites. I never really wanted to sell, just thought since I hadn't been driving it much in the past few years, it was time. BUT, then I took it out for a drive the thrill of my car came back. I just enjoy driving it so much, I can't let it go! SO, I'm still here and have decided to use it more and not worry about it breaking down. It is running great now, and I'll just get back on this board if/when things come up requiring expert input. Thank you all. Barry
Things happen for a reason, congrats. I’ve never regretted holding onto a car, there’s more then a few I regret selling. Happy motoring.smileys with beer

Paralizer 06 Boxster S Atlas Grey/Black/Black
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login