Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
A number of things were wrong with my 2000 Boxster and I took it in to Provost Motorsports in Bordentown, NJ. Provost has done all work on the car since we moved to NJ and the car went out of warranty. I've been hit, I've hit things, stuff has broken - they've always put her back together and done great work.

I had a troubling list of ailments and was concerned something was going to be more expensive to fix than the car's 22 year old value. My schedule has been a little rough, so I haven't had time to fix the problems as they individually occurred.

1. I snapped (for the second time) the door spring on the driver's side; the handle was floppy - the alarm wouldn't work and the window kept going down slightly while driving - a pain, but not fatal.
2. I had a leak somewhere in the coolant system and was emptying the coolant quickly enough that I was keeping a gallon in the back trunk and replacing it every couple of weeks.
3. The dash had a constantly (I can clear it with my cheap reader) recurring P0440 code (Evaporative Emission Control System Malfunction – Large Leak) which wasn't from my gas cap (I've already replaced it twice during ownership).

Well,
#1 $8 spring
#2 loose clamp
#3 split in a plastic hose

Total bill: under $240 w/tax out the door. I've never been so happy paying a bill in my life - was expecting a call with a massively expensive diagnosis; instead they just fixed it over two days and called that it was done.

Now for another 22 years of ownership.

Andrew
That's a good way for them to keep customers and get recommendations.
--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Not really unbelievable, but perhaps a little rare.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login