Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
25 years!
SMILIN - 1 year ago
it was august 1997 when i found porsche pete’s boxster board, ppbb.com. i had been obsessing on the boxster for a long time, and the people at ppbb fueled the fire. it was hard to get info back then…early days of car forums, but i was obsessed. one day in september, i called my wife from work and told her that i was going to niello porsche (sacramento, now rocklin) at lunch. i was set on ordering the car, or stop thinking about the car. it was a very long, expensive lunch.

on thursday afternoon, jan 22, 1998, i picked up my brand new boxster. it was an amazing feeling. i simply couldn’t believe that i bought this car, and that i was driving it home. it was rush hour, driving down madison ave, and my hands were sweating. like yesterday!

that was just the beginning of 25 years of fun…autocrosses, track days, road trips, first drives with the kids, rides with friends, daily driving, pca events, endless maintenance and mods, and lots of detailing. ppbb, babblers, boxsta.net, pedrosboard, rennlist, and now fb forums all add to the fun. lots of friends made.

my wife no longer enjoys the harsh ride, the kids are out of the house, new hobbies and other cars compete for my time…the boxster is still my favorite, but is now my designated dog car. it’s a lot more fun than taking the suv.

i probably wrote something similar 5 years ago. although i’ve barely added 5k miles since then, i still love this car and hope to have it forever. who knows what role it’ll play next.

Re: 25 years!
Indybox - 1 year ago
That brings back some great memories ... thanks! In January 2004, I picked up my new to me one owner (ex-lease in Chicago) 1999 Forest Green Metallic Boxster while I was living in Indianapolis. The car had 45947 miles at the time ... it will reach 100K miles this coming spring. My first and only Porsche to date and I well remember PPBB right from the start of my Boxster journey. Does anyone remember how many diapers it takes to properly polish the rear plastic window ... ha!! I'm still chopping the original plastic window and occasionally give it a cleaning with Plexus although I've never actually used a diaper to polish the window! I'm looking forward to celebrating my car's 25th birthday on July 7th, 2024 (production date July 7th, 1999 - Uusikaupunki, Finland).
Great stories and wonderful memories. Boxsters are really special cars. Thanks for sharing your memories and passion.
... but check your oil level. It's a bit low.
Next month will be my 25th Anniversary as well.
I owe a lot to my car!
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Congrats!...
SMILIN - 1 year ago
thanks. congrats to you too, and thanks for running this forum.

as for the oil, i was just back from a drive. a few minutes later and the dipstick showed all is well. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login