Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I just came across this Handee Clamp and I can't help but think this would be the cats ass for doing an AOS swap. I put and order in for one, and I can think of about a dozen times I would have love to have it in my toolbox. Hopefully I will remember it is there the next time I need a set of hands.
What do you guys think - not affiliated in any way to be honest, just can see it would be a benefit for those hard to reach spots
handee tool review
This looks OK but being a long, straight piece of metal is quite limiting to what it can access. The screw mechanism looks tedious.

Do a web search for "remote hose clamp tool" and the main items that come up look like what I have. It works really well.
The thing that grabs the clamp tabs is at the end of a cable so it can reach anywhere. The squeeze handle compresses or releases the clamp tabs easily. Works great.

Examples:

[www.mishimoto.com]
[www.walmart.com]
[www.oreillyauto.com]
[www.homedepot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2023 11:00AM by Trygve (San Francisco, CA). (view changes)
I agree and bought one of these from Pelican when I did my AOS. But, and if you look at the video they cover this, it gets 'bendy' and the other tool is more of a straight lever as you said. both have their place. I can also see how simply holding a nut etc would be valuable with the handee. I'm going to give it a try for sure
They were indispensable doing the AOS.

I wish the clamping area was a ltttle smaller - to get into tighter spots. However that would limit its utility on larger clamps.
I have had no trouble using hose clamp pliers without the cable extension to change the AOS. I find the floppy extension wire awkward. It's also noting that the angle of approach for the tool without the extension is 90° off (you approach the clamp straight on, as opposed to on the side), which I personally find easier to manipulate in the tight space.

Mine aren't this exact model but they're essentially the same:

source
Handy? Fingery?

[www.magneticfinger.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2023 07:59PM by Laz. (view changes)
... get the METRIC version.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I have...
Laz - 11 months ago
... one of each.
Laz
Handy? Fingery?

[www.magneticfinger.com]

I saw a guy do that online (probably Youtube) but used a simple latex glove and had small magnet that you just slip into the finger and voila! Was a good idea for getting those pesky 10mm that fall away
Screwdriver with claw. There are various designs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login