Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Hey Marc W
Roger987 - Tuesday, 3 May, 2011, at 4:50:10 pm
The June edition of Excellence has the answer for you - the new Cayman R. They love it.

Sell the Boxster and the 911. Buy the Cayman R. You'll have handling, power, reliability, fuel economy and reduced insurance rates, all wrapped up in a package you already KNOW you love.
Re: Hey Marc W - great minds
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 3 May, 2011, at 5:10:58 pm
think alike.

Roger987
The June edition of Excellence has the answer for you - the new Cayman R. They love it.

Sell the Boxster and the 911. Buy the Cayman R. You'll have handling, power, reliability, fuel economy and reduced insurance rates, all wrapped up in a package you already KNOW you love.

Roger, Marc. That is (almost) exactly what I was thinking when you (Marc) posted about maybe selling you Boxster.

I know you really loved the Cayman that you had bought. Why not sell the Boxster and Turbo. Buy a Cayman (with some sort of anti Volvo device). Then you'd only have one car to look after, maintain and buy insurance for. You'd have the reliability and handling that you like, since you don't want to put the top down anyway. You'd have a great looking car instead of a little box with four wheels.
But I think I'm going to hold off.

Not to bore you but I've got neighbor problems. I've had to call the cops several times to quell the noise at 1am in the frickin' morning; and I'm trying to get the owner/property management company to let me exit the lease with no penalty so I can find a quieter place to live. Under a freeway overpass for instance.

So no car shopping until I get my living arrangements sorted out.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
All depends on if you are a seller or a buyer. And as a buyer, you can still get stuck with the neighbors from h... even with Home Owner's Covenants and Restrictions and a good lawyer.
location, condo living is not for me.

The problem is there is a mix of owners and renters.

Each brings problems.

Due to the economy and the big (and I mean big) drop in house prices here values are way down so many owners are under water and pissed. The unit I'm in sold not that many years ago for over $300K and now I don't think they can give them away.

For those units that are not owner occupied the owners are desperate to keep the rent flowing in (HOA fees per month for a 1 bedroom unit like mine are $300) and so they'll accept tenants that well, they shouldn't accept.

So what I find is the place is noisy, not just the guy downstairs, but all over with people going in and out all the time, driving too fast through the complex at all hours, parking their vehicles in the driveway sometimes blocking me in.

Then there are the pets: The pet owners walking their dogs and not picking up the mess (even off the sidewalk...) Dogs barking all night (right across from my unit the occupant leaves two small dogs out all night on the balcony and one of the dogs barks at everything (lots of cats/racoons running around). Then the cats meowing at all hours.

I made a big mistake thinking a condo complex would be better than a pure apartment complex.

The best place to live is a higher end (but not too high I'm only a poor underpaid firmware/software engineer) apartment complex that has a manager who lives on site and runs the thing like a ship. Nice and tight. No nonsense. Also, no pets, no way no how no exceptions.

I found such a complex just a mile or so away from where I am now. When I spoke with the manager about the conditions were where I was she told me her policy is 3-strikes (noise or other complaints/problems) and you're out. There was even a vacacy (rare believe it or not because these places are highly desirable) coming up (back in March) but I didn't take it because at the time I would have had to pay $2K to break the lease and I was told by the property management where I live it would go before the HOA and get this sorted out.

Anyhow, we'll see how it goes. I think it will all work out ok.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login