Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I was washing my car 2000 S, now with almost 195K miles, and I am noticing that my driver seat is starting to look a bit ratty. It definitely is losing support and feeling a bit crushed. So, I am thinking about replacing the seats if I can get a low price. So....

1 - Anyone know where I can snag a few seats? (I suspect I would need two to ensure dye and wear matching)
2 - What models and years are equivalent?

Savannah Beige, no power.

I stopped into Parts Heaven, around 5 years ago, when I was out in CA just to look around, and I remembered their seat inventory was expensive and they weren't in great condition, but things may have changed since then given the age and high volume of production. The real challenge I think I will face is finding seats that are in better shape than mine as I took such great care of them.
2 classic sources

the racing forums

the wrecking yards

and another approach is rebuild the seats and recover them (see the link)

Finding your beige ones will be the challenge, plenty of black around.
I had some luck on CL back in January. I picked up a drivers seat for $300 shipped from a seller in New Orleans. The seat in not perfect but in much better shape than mine was, with very dried out leather and a small tear that developed on the outside bolster. I am pleased with my purchase, given that I sold my old seat for $150 to a guy who recovers them. Shipping kills you if you don't have a good local source.

I may bite the bullet at some point and buy new leather covers (~$700/pair) and have them installed.

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login