Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
warning lights
boxsterd - 9 years ago
This has happened twice in the last week.
Both the PSM OFF and ABS warning lights have come on while driving.
Next time I start the car the lights are off.

Any ideas what's going? Anything I can do? Is this something to get fixed at the dealer?

TIA.
I would guess there would be stored error codes. I would take it to the dealer unless you have a trusted independent.
I replaced it, twice now. I believe that the switch malfunctions, and the car can tell, thus the computer doesn't know whether or not the pedal is depressed. That makes computerized braking features unable to work. So they shut down, hence the warning lights. It really isn't a very expensive part (10 bucks). If you like DIY things, and if you are good at yoga, I recommend trying that before anything else.

I believe that this was my part, for a 2003 boxster:

[www.autohausaz.com]

Can't remember if I bought it from there. Someone suggested that the harsh cold of Iowa winters played some role in this, my home for two years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2014 04:50PM by Steve (Morro Bay). (view changes)
Thanks I'm going to try replacing that part to start.
It will be intermittent for a while then constant.

This can be diagnosed trivially using a PST2 or PIWIS, which will show a code specific to the wheel with the problem.
.. but since many electrical maladies could also cause it, i held back. But your idea fits the data well.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login