Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
My 2005 987 Boxster suddenly developed this problem. The rear trunk won't open. It doesn't even make a noise. Nothing. I replaced the door sill mounted switch with a new one, but no luck. It's still totally dead. Two questions I have are:

-Is there a mechanical way to open the rear trunk? I would think that Porsche would have to install some sort of mechanical opening system in case the electric actuator in the trunk failed. Assuming there is a back up mechanical system, how to I access it and use it? There is tons of info available on the internet about the 986, but not much at all on the 987.

-Anyone have any ideas on diagnosing what the issue may be? It's not the door sill mounted switch.

Thanks.
I just had a "DUH" moment. I never did check the fuse, no idea why I forgot this. It was blown. Just for curiosity I put the old switch back in and it did NOT work. My guess is the switch shorted out when it went and took the fuse with it. My bad, I guess I just had a brain cramp.
Maybe you posted early, but that is not a problem.

Someone likely would have posted a checklist and the fuse would have been on it. So you win
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login