Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Another reason not to sell the Boxster
longislander1 - Monday, 6 June, 2011, at 12:13:28 pm
I test-drove a CTS-V coupe yesterday at the Greenwich Concours and when it was over, I was glad to get into my much-more-refined Boxster. Yes, the Caddy does pin you back in your seat and the adjustable bolsters on the Recaros are nice, but that was about it. I found the drive a little crude and (hope I'm not offending anyone here) the color scheme kind of lowbrow, with its over-sparkly black paint, its over-alcantara'ed interior and the black wheels with yellow calipers. Some of this stuff that looks good on a Porsche isn't so attractive on the Cadillac. If I had its $70K+ price tag to spend on a sporty coupe, I might even break my "no more Porsches" rule and hand it over to PCNA for a Cayman, which I think is a much more desirable car on all counts..
longislander1
If I had its $70K+ price tag to spend on a sporty coupe, I might even break my "no more Porsches" rule and hand it over to PCNA for a Cayman, which I think is a much more desirable car on all counts..

OMG!

Now I've heard everything! drinking smiley

The effect that these machines have on us never ceases to amaze me!?!

Regards, Maurice.
Re: Another reason not to sell the Boxster
longislander1 - Tuesday, 7 June, 2011, at 1:14:34 pm
It didn't hurt that we had a nice, top-down drive up to Greenwich and back, some pretty great cars at the Concours and a terrific Sunday dinner in town. And, of course, if there's a problem with the top, I know of someone who's generous with his advice. winking smiley

I was equally unimpressed last year when I test drove an E63 Mercedes. It is nice to drive the Boxster back-to-back with these cars. It makes you appreciate what you have a lot more.
totally different. Its a big, heavy sedan/wagon. A broadsword to the porsche's scalpel. Capable of carrying stuff, as opposed to, well, not. I cant really compare them.

IMO, its the most amazing driving wagon - ever.

Grant
Re: Why have you sworn off Porsches?
longislander1 - Wednesday, 8 June, 2011, at 11:38:05 am
I don't like the company's sleazy and secretive practices re engine failure issues. I'll leave it at that. The topic has been done to death here. The cars themselves? They're wonderful . . . when they work.
,,,,as are the folks who drive them cool smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 8 June, 2011, at 12:08:57 pm
YGBSM!
Laz - Wednesday, 8 June, 2011, at 12:13:39 pm
Ok, there's gotta be a few!
You learn well, grasshopper smiling smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 8 June, 2011, at 12:23:33 pm
Like this?
Laz - Wednesday, 8 June, 2011, at 1:19:47 pm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login