Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
First off thanks to Karl, Nell, Ron and Mary for the great BRBS!. This was our 10th one and already counting the days until our 11th. What an itinerary they came up with.

It's the People, Place and Cars.

So we began our little trip home to Boston with a small caravan including Juliette and I, Claro and Dave and Emily Simon. We just got to the outskirts of Marion when Dave radio'd ahead that one of his NEW!!! rear tires went down. Luckily we were right near a rest area and were able to limp off the highway. He ran over something nasty which produced a large puncture in a brand spanking new Michelin PSC GT3 rear (ouch). Dave had corded his tires at Bristol and had TireRack drop ship a new pair to Little Switzerland. The GT3 comes with nothing but a can of goo and a small compressor. No jack. We called back to the hotel and were able to have Kevin (KTS) and Stefan swing by a little later. Got the car up on a wood block and was able to slip jack under the car to pull the wheel. It took two plugs to successfully plug the hole and hold air. A couple of hours losts the 5 cars started the homeward caravan. I discovered a screw in one of my fronts at a gas stop but decided to leave it in until we got home. Claro and Dave peeled off I81 first for the DC area and we caravan'd up with Kevin and Stefan to Harrisburg, PA. We spent the night there and the others pushed all the way home.

Thanks everyone how attended to making this a very memorable trip (as always).

-Rey
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login