Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Getting pretty excited! I've got the 9'er all set and ready to go! Really looking forward to this event and meeting a bunch of you folks!

See ya soon!

991 'S'
www.autodermatology.com
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
We are planning on leaving Saturday...hoping those umbrellas are not necessary! LOL But, even if we get a few showers, I will still enjoy it! Safe travels everyone!

991 'S'
www.autodermatology.com
Rain, fog, thunderstorms...the usual cool smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Last time they did that, there wasn't a drop of rain for the whole event.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that we won't need it!

991 'S'
www.autodermatology.com
... bring rain gear.
If you don't bring it, it will rain.
Happens all the time winking smiley
Happy Porscheing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Too bad that strategy doesn't work for the love bugs down here winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
On our way! Stopped in Savanah, GA for the night. Be in NC tomorrow afternoon!

Gary, love bugs have not been bad at all so far on the trip. I had maybe 3 or them plastered to the front end...that's it!

See ya all soon!

991 'S'
www.autodermatology.com
We've had years they were so thick you had to pull over because you couldn't see out the windshield. Service areas had car showers set up.

G-man would have a coronary driving his pristine Boxster in those conditions. winking smiley

Their big enough to see. Can't you drive without hitting them?

We left Saturday late morning. Arrived in Savanah around 630pm. Had a nice dinner and spent the night. Up and on the road at 0820. A great travel day again today. Light traffic and good weather.

We arrived at our cabin around 230 this afternoon. TODAY WAS ABOUT AS PERFECT A DAY YOU COULD ASK FOR!!!! Sunny, breezy, low humidity, about 77 degrees. Beautiful! Hope it sticks around!

What a blast we had driving up NC80 to get here! My wife usually gets car sick when we take the SUV, however this time she was having so much fun taking those twists and turns and curves! I guess it's because we sit lower to the ground and there is literally no body roll that she felt good! I'm happy cuz it was a great time driving!

Blind Kenny was on NC80 taking pictures at a nice curve. Check out his pics: [www.blindkenny.com] You may see a picture of us!

Oh yeah...my FVD exhaust sounded fantastic bouncing/echoing around off the mountains! Can't wait to shoot through some of the tunnels on the Blue Ridge Parkway! Yeah!

We are planning to run up to the top of Mt. Mitchell tomorrow.

I will keep everyone posted and update this thread!

See everyone very soon!

Scott & Becky

991 'S'
www.autodermatology.com
Some pics from today after we arrived at the cabin.

And the neighborhood had some nice flags and things out in some of the garden areas for Memorial Day! Very nice!

991 'S'
www.autodermatology.com
Another fantastic day today!!! Weather was awesome, so we got up and got onto the Blue Ridge Parkway and headed up to the top of Mt. Mitchell! Made a few new friends while at the top...a super sweet 1965 911 and a 1957 356 showed up too!

Headed up to the summit and looked around, checked out the views and then back to the Parkway to a town called Spruce Pine for some lunch! Topped off with fuel and cruised the parkway a little more. Back to the cabin for some dinner and a little after-dinner walk, back home, a nice cocktail on the deck...and that's a wrap for today!

Will post up more later on!

Entrance to the park:

Highest peak east of the Mississippi:

Some views from the top:

On the way back down:

One of my favorite shots!

Spruce Pine lunchtime! Hef's is a great place to grab a bite!

Downtown Spruce Pine by the RR tracks

Hope everyone is enjoying this!!

991 'S'
www.autodermatology.com
Thanks for all the pictures. Make sure you hang onto that weather and keep it around until the end of the week. Nice variety of friends you met on Mt Mitchelle

Looks like you're suffering from a severe case of permagrin. smiling smiley

Enjoy! We're coming!!!!! Headed out shortly.
^^^^Safe travels and see you soon!

It rained overnight. Woke up to some spotty showers as well. It is partly sunny today...it appears as if it will be another great day! Possibly headed out for another drive later today/this afternoon. (Have a plumbing issue @ the cabin and waiting on the plumber!)

Fingers crossed that this weather holds...I'm not betting anything on it though from what the weather man and reports say! But...you never know! These people get it all wrong all the time! LOL

991 'S'
www.autodermatology.com
5/26/2015 update:

I've never driven this car so hard before...Florida is too flat! It is such a capable machine. I am only 'nervous' when I think I am going into a turn too hot...for a split second, then the car is like, "yeah, I got this!". So great to be able to do that. So much FUN!

Didn't do much today, had plumbing issue and was waiting on the plumber for longer than I anticipated. I enjoyed it though! Sat out on the deck, had a snack and read some car mags! Gonna grill up some dinner here in an hour or so and then retire to the fire pit for a while and then watch some TV...and then see what tomorrow has in store!

See everyone soon!!!

991 'S'
www.autodermatology.com
5/27/15 update:

Woke up to another beautiful day!!! It rained last night, and we are expecting a bunch more that is supposed to come through, however, it has held off again!

Took a nice drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway to a little town called Little Switzerland. Very cool place. It has an Inn, restaurant, shops, etc there. Up on top of a nice mountain with some great views off the back deck. It was a bit cloudy today, so the views weren't as good as they usually are! Blasted through a few tunnels and listened to that flat 6 wail!!! I shot a few vids, but there is too much wind noise, I will redo them again if I can, before we leave.

A funny story: Right before this trip, I lowered the 911. I installed H&R Sport springs which lowers the front 1.2" and the rear 1". I really think it 'needed' to be lowered...it had quite a wheel gap from the factory. IMO it looks soooooooooo much better dropped down!

Well anyway, fast forward to our arrival at the cabin...I couldn't get the b!tch into the garage! The grade was too steep, a little bit of a drop off and a lip of concrete for the garage floor pad. Well did I hear it! "If you didn't ruin it, we would have been able to make into the garage no problem!". A little back story: she had 'forbidden' me to do anything to this car. I always 'ruin' all of the cars I have by doing things to them! LOL. I just can't help myself! I have to put my stamp on them somehow! I got the FVD exhaust by her...this one, I just couldn't! HAHA.

So.....I had an engineering project on my hands...I had to build a bridge so I could get the car inside! I didn't want it living outside with all the pollen, sap, etc up here!

My finished 'bridge', does what it needs to, project! LOL!!!!

991 'S'
www.autodermatology.com
5/28/2015 update!!!

Had some friends drive their 991 Cabriolet up to spend some time with us. It was great to have them...good times and some good friends!

Went up to the top of Mt. Mitchell, the highest peak east of the Mississippi. Then took a drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway to a little town called Spruce Pine for some lunch at a great place called The Knife & Fork. GREAT food! Farm to table. Super fresh and delicious! Headed back to the cabin for a quick wash up of the cars, chilled a bit, then we went into Little Switzerland, at the Little Switzerland Inn for dinner! Just got back and got rained on a little. Got the cars, with the help of my superb engineering skills, LOL, into the garage. Will have to waterless wash them in the morning.

Doing a Porsche cruise tomorrow to some local vineyards...will update!

Pics:

Top of Mt. Mitchell parking area...

All washed up!

991 'S'
www.autodermatology.com
5/29/15 update:

Another nice day! Had some heavy rain...but it wasn't too bad. Cleaned the car back up this morning and all is well.

We went on a tour of two vineyards yesterday. Had a great time. The women really enjoyed it...us fellas were the designated drivers, so no tastings for us!

Finished the day up with a nice dinner with some friends and that was that!

991 'S'
www.autodermatology.com
5/30/15 update:

Started out with breakfast out on the terrace...overlooking a Porsche show on the lawn! It was nice!

Caravanned into Asheville. We went to the very cool and well known Grove Park Inn, built in 1913, it is spectacular! HUGE fireplaces, great terrace to have lunch on, and a very nice historic place to visit. We had a private tour setup for the antique car museum and craftsmanship shops/workshops/galleries on site.

Next up we got to tour the Highlands Brewing Corp's Brewery and Troy and Son's distillery today! Very cool!!! We had about 42 cars with us this day for this trip. This was my first tour of a brewery and a distillery. It was really neat! And we got to sample the wares! LOL

This was the last day of the event and we finished up the day/night with a Hawaiian Luau themed dinner! Good fun, good friends, and some good fun!

Packed it in early and headed back to the cabin to clean up, pack up and get ready to head South today...we left around 0600 and got home around 730 tonight. 13.5 hours. Uneventful travel day...which is good!

Total mileage for the entire trip was around 2650 miles. Not bad for our first 'big' road trip in a 'fun' car!

Tomorrow has a full day of cleaning up the 911 scheduled.

Lining up for the run

Grove Park Inn fireplaces!

Headed to brewery/distillery...

And a few final pics from the last night...

Almost home!

991 'S'
www.autodermatology.com
Had a few pro shot taken of the car when we were driving on NC80 aka The Devils Whip! www.blindkenny.com -such a great name for a photographer!-sets up on this and some surrounding roads and takes shots of the cars/bikes/etc that drive it.

I love these shots! You can see the Mrs's inside pointing/smiling/etc going: Look! There's Blind Kenny! HAHA

Getting these printed out and framed and they are going up into my collage of the cars I've owned on my garage wall...

991 'S'
www.autodermatology.com
Nice to have shots of your car in action. Reminds you of the fun these cars are to drive.

Thanks for sharing.
unless it has to do with Gary and then we need photographic evidence to post on web for ALL to enjoy grinning smiley

Sad another BRBS has come and gone but great seeing everyone!

Until 2016 smileys with beer
Burg Boxster
unless it has to do with Gary and then we need photographic evidence to post on web for ALL to enjoy grinning smiley

Sad another BRBS has come and gone but great seeing everyone!

Until 2016 smileys with beer

Sad, but true. Great seeing Mary Lee, anyway the finger smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login