Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
We have three cars coming from Ontario. This year we have planned to take the Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway route to enjoy the scenery on the way down. So, we've got the Can part of the caravan. If anyone is interested in joining us to make it a true CanAm caravan. If you're interested, we'd love for you to join us.

The schedule:
Sunday, May 29th arrive in Front Royal, VA. Rooms booked at Hampton Inn.
Monday, May 30th take Skyline Drive through Shenandoah NP and then start the north end of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Have booked a room at Hampton Inn in Salem, VA near Roanoke
Tuesday take mainly BRP to Little Switzerland. (Might have to scratch a bit of an itch on part of 221.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2016 10:09PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Sounds great! Really bummed we have to miss this year! Looking forward to the photos...
Skyline
Rey - 7 years ago
A bunch of years ago on the way back from BRBS we did Skyline. Sharks in the Mountains had occurred the same time as BRBS. One of the 928 guys wanted a car delivered to Boston so I drove it (nice 5-speed one), Juliette drove our Turbo and we had another 928 in the group. Skyline is really good but I do think the roads we drive around LS are better.

BTW the 928 event is taking place the same time as BRBS this year. They headquarter at the Best Western in Banner Elk. It's the largest gathering of 928s in the world. Quite a sight to see.

See you soon! Drive safe!

-Rey
Thanks Rey. I agree, in terms of driving fun, the roads around LS are way better. Since we had a couple of extra days this year, we just wanted to take the scenic (and I know slower) route down. We actually drove Skyline Dr. a few years ago, but it was through torrential downpours and couldn't see much beyond the wipers. Hoping for better weather this time.

Safe travels and see you on Tuesday.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login