Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 1 July, 2011, at 9:16:17 am
... we lost a great guy.

We miss you, Chuck.

[memories.PPBB.com]

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
It seems like yesterday
frogster - Friday, 1 July, 2011, at 8:57:21 pm
RIP chuck.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
It was fun at the Blue Ridge Boxster Summit each year when the new folks would come to realize after a day or so that Chuck was "Porsche Pete."

The Porsche Pete persona, as exemplified by the logo, was one of a flashy, fun-loving, out-going character. Chuck, on the other hand, was very quiet, reserved, and introspective. He would never allow us to showcase him in anyway at the event, despite his being the inspiration for the gathering and providing constant support and advice through the years.

I think of Chuck often and appreciate having had the opportunity to know him. He was responsible for bringing lots of different folks together around the country, and even around the world, in an online community unlike anything I've ever been a part of before or since. And his online community made it possible for folks to meet in person at so many different venues which has resulted in many lasting relationships. All because a guy from North Carolina spent countless hours giving of himself to others.

Thank you, Chuck, for touching my life and the lives of so many others. You are missed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login