Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Left Headlamp Assembly Problems
tigerguy - Saturday, 13 August, 2011, at 2:30:31 pm
A few bulbs are not working on my left headlamp assembly - high beam, turn signal, side beam. The left turn signal indicator flashes rapidly, which typically indicates a bad bulb, but I replaced the turn signal bulb and high beam H7 bulb without any effect. The left rear turn signal is working. I checked the fuse list and didn't see a common fuse. Any troubleshooting ideas? Looks like headlamps are very expensive parts if you need the entire assembly ($680)! Thanks, as always...

Cheers,

Graham
Re: Left Headlamp Assembly Problems
tigerguy - Saturday, 13 August, 2011, at 2:31:58 pm
I forgot to add that the headlamp assembly is on a '99 Boxster.

Sorry!

- Graham
Re: Left Headlamp Assembly Problems
Alcantera - Sunday, 14 August, 2011, at 10:39:25 am
Imho one of your headlight Assembly's is not pushed in and making contact with the plug. I suggest you remove the light and lubricate the rubber plugs with a little dialectic grease. These plugs dry out with age and become had to push together.
My take:
Laz - Sunday, 14 August, 2011, at 6:26:50 pm
Even if the plug is completely home, the assembly has to be fully set into the fender. Be careful about aligning the pins that ride in the "headlight plaform" tracks inside the fender and properly locking the clamping mechanism. Finally, use the other headlight's position as reference for what "home" looks like.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2011 06:27PM by Laz. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login