Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
A 1999 Cayman or What I saw at the Porsche Parade
steve on hhi - Monday, 15 August, 2011, at 11:03:00 pm

It's a 1999 Boxster. The owner told me just a handful of the tops were made before the company went out of business.

Has anyone else seen one?
Re: It's called a Zeintop, made for 986's.
steve on hhi - Tuesday, 16 August, 2011, at 6:44:13 am
I've never seen one before. The photos don't do the fit and finish justice. Was the owner correct when he told me very few were made?
Re: It's called a Zeintop, made for 986's.
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 16 August, 2011, at 8:16:04 am
steve on hhi
I've never seen one before. The photos don't do the fit and finish justice. Was the owner correct when he told me very few were made?

Yes. That's correct. The company designed them and a few other custom pieces for the 986, sold some and then the company disappeared.
On other Boxster forums
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Tuesday, 16 August, 2011, at 9:52:05 am
There are horror stories of the poor fit and finish and the effort necessary to get the Zeintop looking good.

Many have pursued the original designer and maker over orders where cash was accepted but no product delivered. And there have been rumors of someone buying the molds and planning to bring back production. They seem to surface every 6 months or so but always seem to turn out to be rumors.
Re: A 1999 Cayman or What I saw at the Porsche Parade
Dwass - Tuesday, 16 August, 2011, at 2:08:00 pm
I paid for one at full price and they never sent it to me!!!
Re: A 1999 Cayman or What I saw at the Porsche Parade
jacknyc - Wednesday, 17 August, 2011, at 9:58:31 am
I had one, and those photos reflect about how well I could get it to fit. I've seen some that fit well, and some that don't. When they fit well, they look great, to my eye.

I admired the design, and the fiberglass panels were pretty well made, but the hardware supplied (bolts, hinges, etc.) was poor quality.

I sold it to a guy in North Carolina with a black Boxster. The darker cars are better for Zeintops, because the gaps aren't as pronounced.

It's horrible that people got stiffed by the company.

It was a rare and special item and a good conversation piece. A couple photos from a year ago in Stamford, CT.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login