Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Porsche sales in China approach NA figure for July
MikenOH - Wednesday, 17 August, 2011, at 8:24:14 am
[www.porsche.com]

I didn't see the breakdown by model but it's amazing the number of P cars being sold there; same time period last year was 500 units vs. 2500 7/11.

Recycling those worldwide trade dollars and euros, one P car at a time.

Just out of curiosity, how are the roads there and traffic conditions? Any tracks? More importantly, how many dealerships? Can't imagine they'd fake that.....right? smiling smiley
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
MikenOH
[www.porsche.com]

I didn't see the breakdown by model but it's amazing the number of P cars being sold there; same time period last year was 500 units vs. 2500 7/11.

Recycling those worldwide trade dollars and euros, one P car at a time.

Just out of curiosity, how are the roads there and traffic conditions? Any tracks? More importantly, how many dealerships? Can't imagine they'd fake that.....right? smiling smiley

to the bulk of of Porche's new car output going to China. If true, I can't say though I blame Porsche. Go where the money is.

What I gather from the UK car mags that do some testing there China roads are all over the map (oh my...).

Some are some of the best in the world but some are the worst in the world. Depends upon I believe/gather how far from the major cities/metro areas one ventures, and in some cases how far from the more developed areas in these area one wants to venture.

Traffic can be horrible. Not too long ago there was a days' long backup on one freeway.

However, my guess is owners of these cars will not be driving big interstate miles but will use the cars for short work commutes or pleasure driving probably consisting of boulevard crusing, sort of like people years ago used horse drawn carriages to just circle a park area or city square or drive up and down a nice (probably the only one in the area) street.

There is less info to be had about the dealership situation but I have not come across anything negative on them.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Yep--China is the new market, so that's where you have to sell your cars.

Europe is down by nearly 40%; the US is up slightly. I'll have to look for info on the model number sales since I'm intrigued about which cars are being sold in China; my gut tells me the SUV would be a real hit over there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login