Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Update...
Frissen - Friday, 19 August, 2011, at 1:49:39 pm
I was very glad to receive an email from Pedro that among other things says that I don't visit the forum much... I remember being glued to PPBB all day in the past... well...

I continue to own my original MY2000 986 2.7 manual... it gets driven on regular basis perhaps 3-4 times a week to work and back... it continues to drive flawlessly and perhaps better than new, really... unfortunatelly our events are basically down so no track time nor long trips have been done this year and no plans for the future in that sense... a shame because the Boxster is a fun car in club events...

As many our club and myself are collateral damage of the current financial crisis, so basically I have dedicated to keep myself afloat and neglected the club activity... nonetheless I continue to drive as often as I can at least to work... as may see sometimes choice may not come easy as this is how the garage looks currently...

Even though I think I have the Boxster all figured out this may not be entire true and perhaps I have to visit the board more often... I know for a fact that a car that is 12 years old must likely will need some engine mounts and other bits that have not been replaced since new... so I promise to visit more often to talk some Boxster... see you around...
It's good ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 19 August, 2011, at 2:19:39 pm
... to find you here Frissen.
Hang in there, as many of us here and elsewhere are also doing.
Happy Porsche-ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sweet lineup
Boxsterra - Friday, 19 August, 2011, at 6:39:00 pm
Your posts are always welcome here. We love hearing about your events and seeing your pictures and videos. And of course we're always here to help you keep your cars tip-top or to entertain you with our never-ending debates.
Re: Sweet lineup
Gary in SoFL - Saturday, 20 August, 2011, at 2:26:44 pm
...and let's not overlooks pics of Mary, the kids, and event hostesses that Frissen was kind enough to share with us smileys with beer
Re: Sweet lineup
Frissen - Friday, 2 September, 2011, at 5:41:08 pm
Gary in SoFL
...and let's not overlooks pics of Mary, the kids, and event hostesses that Frissen was kind enough to share with us smileys with beer

the kids continue in their quest for speed...

mary continues driving...
[video]http://youtu.be/cJUchzxMRvQ[/video]
Nice. "Gare de Frissen" *NM*
Laz - Saturday, 20 August, 2011, at 10:02:05 am
Re: Update...
Frissen - Wednesday, 31 August, 2011, at 7:27:09 pm
continuing with the update... I got together with a few club fellas for lunch... and dinner :/ hehehe...

I decided to start the day early with a good run in the RS but since I was flying solo the only thing I could do was park it and shoot it...

...then my dad catched up in the 996TT...

...and the others started to arrive...

...we then headed for lunch...

...luch was at Las Calandrias in Atlixco, Puebla, the restaurant is in a fanstactic hacienda and Atlixco is a few kms from Puebla but you go down I believe well over 300 meters from Puebla...

...then back to the dealer...

...where they had the Facebook GT3 R and some excellent catering for us in the club...

...next morning we decided to head down to the track for a few laps...

...I got to try some new toys...

...I tell you we are not missing much... 986's are more fun smiling smiley

since then my only driving has been to work and back :/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2011 07:29PM by Frissen. (view changes)
Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login