Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Man was I pissed. I am sitting there talking to my buddy who is outside leaning on the car, and I am thinking the car is misfiring. I look at the RPM needle and it is steady. I gun the engine and it smooths out a bit... RPMs drop and the misfiring continues.... then stops. Had no clue it was an earthquake. Only thing going through my mind was "what's this going to cost?".
glad you're ok.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
wife called out 'what is that shaking". Felt down to the desk and sure enough for about 30 seconds.

I smart a..ed replied "oh just an earthquake"...then a friend from VA called and I turned on the TV...one case where the TV was faster than my usual Internet news sources.
Glad everyone is OK. About 4 years ago ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Tuesday, 23 August, 2011, at 3:38:11 pm
... I was in Lima, Peru, attending a convention, in the lower (basement) floors of the Lima Sheraton Hotel when all hell broke lose.
It was a 7.8 magnitude which shook for over a minute.
We thought we'd be goners.

Here are some of the pictures when we were able to grab a camera again:

Basement columns

[i83.photobucket.com]

and ceiling

[i83.photobucket.com]

and floors

[i83.photobucket.com]

My room was on the top floor (26th) and when I was able to get back this is what it looked like:

[i83.photobucket.com]

This was the view from my room to the ground

[i83.photobucket.com]

[i83.photobucket.com]

We were all shaken (literally) but OK, so we decided to celebrate

[i83.photobucket.com]

To make matters worse, when we were celebrating at the bar on the ground floor, watching the news, CNN announced the possibility of a tsunami.
So we were scared out of our wits to go back to the 26th floor, but if we stayed on the lower floors we'd drown, so we decided to ...

... drink some more!

[i83.photobucket.com]

That's one trip I won't soon forget!
I don't mind Cat. 4 Hurricanes, but Earthquakes ....

Happy Porsche-ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I'm used to my Bullitt Mustang rumbling....
dennisafrompa - Tuesday, 23 August, 2011, at 5:33:27 pm
...however I was in the other Dennis's CRV and it felt like I was on a suspension bridge when a truck rumbles by....BUT I wasn't.

This seemed more rocky and rolly than one I experienced in LA which was a 5.6 . That one was more like a vibrating bed.
I was in Charlottesville ...
paulwdenton - Tuesday, 23 August, 2011, at 9:22:01 pm
About 20 miles from the epicenter ... sitting in a lecture hall with 100 others at The Judge Advocate General's School. Ceiling shook so fast it was a blur. Everyone made a dash for the exits. Many had what could be graciously referred to as "coffee stains" on their laps. LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login