Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
986s (2001) fuel capacity
Petee_C - Friday, 2 September, 2011, at 1:24:07 pm
So what's the fuel capacity of the 986s boxsters....

didn't realize that my fuel light is on.... 554km so far on the tank. I normally get 9.9-10.2L/100km each fill up....

looking at this site: [www.auto123.com] the fuel capacity is supposed to be 64L (16.8 US gallons)

I'm headed to my favourite gas station after work.... 4 miles away...

P
Re: 986s (2001) fuel capacity
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 2 September, 2011, at 3:04:07 pm
That's correct, the capacity of the 987 is 64 litres and I believe the 986 is the same, so should be able to make the 4 mile treck with what you've got left in the tank, provided you completely filled it the last time.
and something I'd not do often.

Guenter is right the (stated) fuel tank capacity is 16.9 gallons. The fuel pump fastens right to the bottom of the tank and while it would not be able to suck the tank dry the pump I believe would make use of almost all of that capacity.

My general recommendation is to fill up at a quarter of a tank or at least as soon as possible after the low fuel light comes on.

(I have to admit though with my other car and its onboard computer and miles remaining display after the low fuel light comes on I take a bit of pleasure out of continuing to drive the car with the low fuel light on in such a way to see that miles remaining number go up, vs. down. Feels like I'm getting 'free' gas or something. But don't do as I do, do as I say...)

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Something else that you've mentioned too, Marc
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 2 September, 2011, at 5:40:27 pm
is the fact that the fuel around the pump helps to keep it cool. So specially in the bit of a hot (mid 80's - I know, sweatshirt weather in CA.) spell we're having, it's another reason to keep the fuel level above reserve ....that and the fact that I hate walking to go and get gas. grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login