Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
NBC: Jay Leno discusses the 918 Spyder
jwdbox - Monday, 5 September, 2011, at 7:48:50 pm
Jay Leno on his site Jay Leno's Garage today has Porsche North America President Detlev con Platen, and Sports Car Design manager Tony Hatter discussing the 918 Spyder concept in an interview. cool smiley
Re: NBC: Jay Leno discusses the 918 Spyder
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 5 September, 2011, at 8:16:13 pm
VERY cool. Interesting how Jay pointed out that the new Porsche concepts are ready to run cars as opposed to just being mockups which might have this and that somewhere down the road the way so many other concepts are.

Interesting also that the electrical energy recovery system idea is already part of the the new 991. In the 991 it doesn't add extra power, but rather charges the battery, allowing less use of the alternator. It's a different system, but making use of energy lost through braking.
Looks very much like a prototype
Boxsterra - Monday, 5 September, 2011, at 8:21:48 pm
I'm not very fond of the interior but I'm sure they will spiff it up for production.

BTW, the discussion is about the Coupe, not the Spyder.
Re: Looks very much like a prototype
jwdbox - Monday, 5 September, 2011, at 11:43:02 pm
Boxsterra
I'm not very fond of the interior but I'm sure they will spiff it up for production.

BTW, the discussion is about the Coupe, not the Spyder.

Right, my error initially based on the specific by-line from Jay's site reads "Join Jay, Porsche North America President and CEO Detlev con Platen, and Sports Car Design manager Tony Hatter for an up-close look at the hybrid motor sports version of the 918 Spyder concept, and its amazing inertial flywheel."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2011 11:45PM by jwdbox. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login