Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Front Motor mount question
dghii - Tuesday, 6 September, 2011, at 2:22:21 pm
I see some vendors selling the front mount mount insert without the mounting bracket for about half what the whole assembly costs. Is there any issue with buying the mount only, such as issues relating to aligning the new mount in the bracket?

I have access to a hydraulic press to press out the old mount.

Thanks

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Others can confirm this: the "insert" is bonded to the metal. *NM*
Laz - Tuesday, 6 September, 2011, at 4:38:14 pm
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Right.
dghii - Tuesday, 6 September, 2011, at 9:40:10 pm
I picture it as similar to replacing a wheel bearing in the wheel hub. I'm not talking material types or anything like that, just fitment and orientation issues.

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Re: Front Motor mount question
rodonline - Wednesday, 7 September, 2011, at 12:10:04 am
I have personally replaced my Boxster motor mount with just replacing the rubber portion. Laz is correct, the ruler is inside a metal sleeve. I also have a press to press the old mount out but found it a little easier to bang the hold on out with a right size bearing I had. It's over all a real easy process the only hard part about it is getting the new mount to slide into the mounting bracket. Also remember to have the insert facing the right way before you press it in
Re: Front Motor mount question
IFlyLow - Wednesday, 7 September, 2011, at 1:19:23 am
I replaced mine with the Wevo polyurethane mount. It was an easy install, since it came in two pieces, and was bolted in. I did sacrifice some comfort, though, since much more vibration is transmitted to the cockpit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login