Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Colors for Suspension Springs
bar10dah - Tuesday, 6 September, 2011, at 5:12:48 pm
I read somewhere that the springs were color coded as to what type they were. I can't seem to find that information again. Can anyone point me to it? Or be able to let me know what green/yellow springs in my '99 Box mean? Stock suspension, I'm assuming.
Rubber pieces that come in two thicknesses: 3 mm and 6.5 mm.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2011 05:42PM by Laz. (view changes)
This may help.....
Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S) - Tuesday, 6 September, 2011, at 6:50:07 pm
See link below.

I can add just a bit on this.. back in 2001 or so, I wanted to upgrade my suspension on my 2000S to the ROW suspension that supposedly lowered the car profile a bit - I decided against it. There were tons of information out there and given my very picky analysis, all said some things that were a bit different. So, when I was in Berlin, I went into the local Porsche dealer and he printed me out the parts list for the S ROW suspension. In short, it mostly matched what was "out there" on the net with minor differences. This was 9 years ago so my memory is poor on exactly what it all was. The lesson here is do your homework and seek multiple sources of information. I hope this link will help. Google words like "ROW" or "M030" and "springs" in your search and you should turn up quite a bit of stuff.

Rennlist color codes
One more bit of info...
Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S) - Tuesday, 6 September, 2011, at 6:55:46 pm
Last year, I had my springs, shocks and a few of the supporting bits replaced. I did this because one of the springs in the front actually broke. Given that I had so many miles on my car, well one thing led to another, and I replaced all four shocks and springs. My independent, who used to be a shop foreman at a Porsche dealer, noted that there is a commonly known Bilstein replacement shock that is supposedly the exact same as the Porsche label so I purchased them. The springs however, had to be purchased through Porsche. Yes, there are spring packages out there, but according to my indie, if I wanted the same spring, I had to get them through Porsche.

Another caveate emptor..... while I trust my indie, there will be conflicting experts out there and while they are all just as knowledgeable as each other, there will be differences. As my indie said to me something like "Porsche is a small company and they don't talk".
Thanks for the link
bar10dah - Tuesday, 6 September, 2011, at 10:50:00 pm
I posted a question on reenlist.

I just wanted to be sure I didn't already have M030 springs, ROW or US, before ordering a set. I'm guessing not, since the colors don't match what's listed on reenlist. So I called Suncoast and they happened to have a ROW kit in stock! Ordered and on it's way.

Now, to figure out the 3mm / 6mm spacers issue...
Re: Colors for Suspension Springs
Alcantera - Tuesday, 6 September, 2011, at 8:09:52 pm
I looked on the pet program and I dont see green and yellow as a spring for a 1999 boxster confused smiley Are you looking at the front or rears. I assembled a set for a 993 last week and they were yellow /green springs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login