Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
The driver's side windshield spray is misdirected. I can't see how to adjust it. Any thoughts? Is there a magic tool?

When locking the car, isn't there supposed to be a beep or flashing lights after you hit the lock button on the key fob? I'm pretty sure that I recall this happening with my '99 and with my '08, but if it did this, then it has stopped. I looked but didn't find anything in the manual. I either listen closely to hear the locks click, or if I forget to listen, then check the door handle. But, isn't the car supposed to "tell" me it is locked?

1999 Arctic Sivler/black/black (sold)
2008s Silver/black/black - so predictable
2011 Outback
8/24/2011 first Grandson
There is a special tool ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 12 September, 2011, at 2:58:27 pm
... To redirect the nozzles: a pin.
Just slide the tip of the pin in the orifice and use the pin as leverage and as a pointer of where the spray will go.
The central locking system should flash the lights once the system has locked.
If it beaps it means that something was left open.
I am certain that that's how the 986s work.
Not 100 percent sure on the 987s. I'd have to check.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Locking confirmation
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 12 September, 2011, at 3:19:17 pm
On my 987 (2006) the signal lights flash twice when the car is locked. It beeps once if something is not properly locked.
If the hole gets enlarged and/or scored the stream might get weaker or splayed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2011 03:34PM by Laz. (view changes)
Weak stream? Try Flomax. Beware of side effects...

winking smiley
Re: Two simple questions: windshield sprayer and locking confirmation
whall - Wednesday, 14 September, 2011, at 12:10:31 pm
Check Page 29 in your Owner's Manual. It states that if you lock the door by pushing the lock button on the remote once, you will see the emergency flashers flash twice. If the car is equipped with an alarm system and you push the lock button twice, the emergency flashers will illuminate for two seconds and you will hear a short alarm-horn signal.

Bill
Re: Two simple questions: windshield sprayer and locking confirmation
jwdbox - Wednesday, 14 September, 2011, at 4:27:13 pm
whall
Check Page 29 in your Owner's Manual. It states that if you lock the door by pushing the lock button on the remote once, you will see the emergency flashers flash twice. If the car is equipped with an alarm system and you push the lock button twice, the emergency flashers will illuminate for two seconds and you will hear a short alarm-horn signal.

Bill
Note: If you (at least on MY2008) push the lock button twice, you defeat the interior alarm system and only lock the doors. It is designed so you can lock the car with someone (or a pet) left inside without having them set off the alarm. cool smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login