Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
PS2's introduced to Canadian road hazards.
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Monday, 12 September, 2011, at 7:17:40 pm
What a day! We are on a grand road trip from NC to Richmond to NYC to Quebec to Syracuse to Niagara Falls etc. Today, after a wonderful picnic lunch on the banks of the St Lawrence River about 100 miles from Quebec, we returned to the Boxster to be greeted with the message: "tyre flat". After figuring out which which one was low (left rear was 15 lbs low), I decided to pump it up with the Porsche air pump and see how long it would hold air. Worked out to about a mile and half per pound of air pressure. Basically, I would stop every ten miles and add air on the dive to Quebec. The situation was not helped by a long detour over some very rough and dusty dirt roads. We spent a lot of time on the cell phone with the Porsche dealership in Quebec -they did not have a replacement tyre - but did direct us to a Michelin dealer in Quebec who also did not have the tyre in stock. I got quite a work-out with my high school French and a lot of sign language. They examined the tyre and found a large screw embedded in the tread. However, they did patch it for us (hopefully that will hold) Anyway, we finally arrived at our room in the Chateau Frontenac about 7 or 8 hours later than planned.

I have a tyre warranty which would replace the tire for free (if one is available) but they proved difficult to deal with since we are in Canada. I will try to get them to replace the tyre when I get back to Georgia.

All is well now - and the SIngle Malt Laphroag is quite soothing~! Cheers!

mike

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Re: PS2's introduced to Canadian road hazards.
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 12 September, 2011, at 9:33:58 pm
Hey Mike. Sorry for your rough welcome north of the border.

Maybe we just need more southerners to come north, spend some money so we can afford to fix up those rough roads. smiling smiley

FWIW. They're tires, even north of the border. To get tyres, you're going to have to cross the big pond. winking smiley

Safe travels and look after the CURVN8R's shoes.
But on Porsches, they are "tyres"
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Monday, 12 September, 2011, at 9:54:02 pm
Just look at the display when one goes flat!

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
They may be tires, but ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Tuesday, 13 September, 2011, at 9:30:57 am
... they only come in one colour winking smiley

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: PS2's introduced to Canadian road hazards.
Alcantera - Monday, 12 September, 2011, at 10:46:08 pm
I wish I had known you were heading this way we could of recommended some roads and places to stay. I know of a few porsche garages in Quebec if you need any help PM.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login