Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
My warranty was about to expire and a letter / contribution from Porsche NA increased my trade in value. The new car is a brown metallic with a cocoa top, sand beige interior and wood interior trim on the dash, shift lever and emergency brake handle. The color is not very often seen on the street which was part of the appeal. It was late when we got home so the couple of photos I took (see below) can be improved upon later.
BSEMDL BASE Boxster
BDYCLR 9S Macadamia Metallic
TOPCLR V5 Soft Top in Cocoa
INTERI TD Sand Beige Standard Leather
OPTION XME Center Console Paint Ext Color
OPTION 342 Heated Seats (Front)
OPTION 409 18" Cayman S II Wheel
OPTION 446 WhlCtrsw/FullcolorPorscheCrest
OPTION 490 Sound Package Plus
OPTION 551 Wind Deflector
OPTION 584 Storage Box
OPTION 801 Interior Package Makassar

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012
I saw that color in Atlanta a few years ago at one of the dealerships
dghii - Wednesday, 14 September, 2011, at 10:37:16 pm
It is a beautiful car! Pictures will not do it justice. The one I saw at a dealership was the first Boxster I'd seen in that color. Believe it or not, I had '80 Fiat Spider back in 1982 that was 'almost' the same color...mine was more of a 'root beer' brown metallic.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your new car. Best of luck with it!

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Congrats and enjoy it! I know the feeling...

It's a very striking color; dghii is right, you have to see it "in the flesh" to appreciate it. Any pics of the interior with the wood package?
on the shift lever, hand brake and dashboard. I thought the entire color scheme went together very well. (Taken with my touch 4g cell phone)

Today, on my first day out to do shopping, I parked in a shopping center lot and was approached and asked if it was a new Porsche color. I said no, it is just rare. I am the first kid in my neighborhood that has one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2011 06:30PM by Jeff (Philly). (view changes)
Looks good, thanks for the picture. I am sure it goes very well with the exterior and the cocoa top. Enjoy!
That should be a rich looking combo with the cocoa top.

Can't wait to see pictures taken in sunshine.

ENJOY!!
I saw a Macadamia Brown C4S at a dealer showroom and it was beautiful! Great combo on a Boxster, enjoy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2011 11:08PM by BoxsterBob - San Carlos. (view changes)
so it's brown?

- is it new off the lot? do they come debadged now?

and do you have a Honda CRV?

Peter
Have had a Macadamia 997 since feb of 09. I love the color. It changes so much in the light, from dark brown, almost black, to copper or bronze. Some thought I was nuts getting a brown car, but everyone likes it once they see it in the sun. Enjoy your new car!

Lee
What's the interior color, and the top if a Cabriolet? *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 15 September, 2011, at 12:20:23 pm
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
The deviating black carpet really breaks up what would be WAY too much sand. The carpet is on the bottom half of the doors as well. It was the color I went looking for when I decided to trade in the Boxster. I was happy to find it optioned the way I wanted on the lot.

Lee
I agree, I have Savanna Beige interior that came with beige floor mats. I purchased a set of Lloyd black mats with beige "PORSCHE" lettering and it's a huge improvement!

OEM Beige:

Lloyd Black:

I like the plate. For some of us, it could be "LUVHNDLS." *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 15 September, 2011, at 3:59:31 pm
what, like, you LUV how it HNDLS? grinning smiley *NM*
frogster - Thursday, 15 September, 2011, at 6:33:55 pm
--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Good one, frogster!
Laz - Thursday, 15 September, 2011, at 6:36:28 pm
Although I was thinking it could also be an unfinished sentiment about a certain classical composer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2011 06:39PM by Laz. (view changes)
Great color combo Jeff enjoy it! *NM*
DougW - Thursday, 15 September, 2011, at 9:27:21 pm
I thought the Boxster side vents matched the exterior color, did that change or did Eric hire Porsche Lobbyists to fight for a change back to silver to keep the aftermarket suppliers thriving? winking smiley
to death on the options, unlike Mercedes. Most of this optional stuff should just be standard. It would lower cost through more consistent builds and improve customer satisfaction.
I thought there was a period in the 987 time line where they made the side vents w/ exterior color standard, similar to the bumperettes. Being a 986 owner, I can't speak from experience. I think silver looks fine, but I'm sure Eric has an offer for you. My plugs still look great after 8 years!
Agreed; the vent color option along with automatic temperature controls should be standard on a car in this price range.
Seems like a pretty transparent way of shaking a few more $'s out their customers.
987 Generation II, 2009-2012

The 2012 has noticeably more pep. Displacement increased from 2.7 to 2.9 liters for Gen II, increasing power from 245 hp (183 kW) to 255 hp (190 kW).

The manual transmission is six speed and reverse is now forward to the left instead of back to the right which is a little hard to get used to.

The front now has a scoop like the Boxster S. I was able to keep my sport exhaust tip from the previous car so now the only visible difference between my car and an S is the red brake calipers.

It has LED Brake lights.

The car is much quieter with the top up, the window sticker says it has a 3 layer top. I am not sure if that has anything to with it.

It interfaces with my Bluetooth smart phone and has buttons to answer and hang up the phone on the CDR-30 console

An annoying feature that I need to get used to is when moving from a standing position on an incline, the car holds its position for a couple of seconds to allow time to get your foot from the brake to the gas pedal. If anyone knows if this can be disabled I would like to hear about it
I just traded my 2008 Boxster for a 2012 model and this is also my third Boxster. My first Boxster was a 2001 Arctic Silver base model and I really enjoyed that car. It was trouble free and I kept it for five years. My second Boxster was a 2008 Meteor Gray base model and it seemed to be a much improved car. It was easier to live with, mainly because of the glass rear window. Some of you may remember the "chop" maneuver we used to help fold the plastic rear window so it wouldn't crack, and it was almost impossible to keep that window clean.

I didn't intend to get another Boxster at this time, but when I learned of the new proposed engine, I decided to take a look at the 2012 model. I figured that the current Boxster configuration was pretty well sorted out, and it did everything I wanted. When I learned that the only 2012 cars available where those already in the country, I decided I better take a look sooner rather than later. My dealer had a 2012 Meteor Gray car in his showroom, and as soon as I saw it the die was cast. I've always thought Porsches of all varieties looked good in gray. This bias probably goes back to my undergraduate days when I dated a girl that had a seal gray Porsche, but that's another story.

I've driven my new car for 1000+ miles and I agree with Jeff's observation above that the car is quieter, and passengers that have ridden in my earlier cars comment that the 2012 seems quieter. The six speed transmission shifts smoother than the five speed, and the extra horsepower is also noticeable. The biggest change I've noticed is the ride is much better, and I'm not sure if this is due to this car having 17" wheels versus the 18" wheels on my 2008, or if the GoodYear Eagle F1 tires give a better ride than did the Michelin Pilots that were on my previous cars. I must report that while the radio in my car is fancier in its presentation, it is still a poor excuse for a radio. This seems to be a Porsche tradition.

In summation, my 2012 Boxster seems to be the beneficiary of the numerous upgrades that have taken place over the past years and it is a pleasure to drive. The enhancements in the 2012 versus the 2008 are significant in my opinion. At 72 years of age I really can't make use of the high performance potential of the car and I mainly use my Boxster for trips. However, the nimble handling and top-down experience make the trips much more enjoyable. I suspect I may keep this car for quite awhile.

JGS
at least that is what I understand because I had a conversation about ordering my own configuration and that was not possible, everything in production is allocated. They will be coming out with something to replace Generation II. It is probably the Baby Boxster shown below.

The sales rep, Eric Exley who has sold me several cars since the mid 90's, found me the car that was close to what I was looking for other than it does not have the automatic climate control. My wife buys Mercedes (she has an SLK 280) and they generally come with all the basic stuff like that.

As to the noise level, we were driving over to the dealer in the 2008 and I could barley understand what my wife is saying due to road noise. On the way home I could hear her clearly and she also commented on how the new car was much quieter.

of the car I bought this week. The URL for my Boxster page is
Jeff's Boxster

greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster/

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2011 12:09PM by Jeff (Philly). (view changes)
There were two brown 911s parked all the time at a hospital near me. Seeing even one 911 was thrill enough.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login