Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
First picture I've seen of the 981 with the top down.
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 14 September, 2011, at 11:05:42 pm
The link looks strange, but it seems to work.

Still looks to me like there's something hidden under that red cover.

[www.autobild.de]|ref=http://www.autobild.de/artikel/porsche-911-carrera-s-erprobungsfahrt-1893948.html
Re: First picture I've seen of the 981 with the top down.
db997S - Thursday, 15 September, 2011, at 8:40:36 am
Not just the red cover, but the rear trunk lid looks very odd. Almost like the BMW 6 Series where the lid was an after thought and desgined by a different group. The 981 in the Pix seems like the lid is raised about an inch or two.

The interior shot, those air vents are hideous. I was never much of a fan of the round ones, but yikes, they should be ashamed of these things.
Re: First picture I've seen of the 981 with the top down.
Roger987 - Thursday, 15 September, 2011, at 9:19:54 am
I'm guessing the departure of the clamshell reduces weight and complexity - one less thing to break.

The interior dash vents are hideous. I'm hoping they don't make it to final production.

Not a big fan of the side air intakes. They look like a committee-driven compromise between the tall 987 intakes and the shorter 911 intakes.

I like pretty much everything about the new 911 (not wild about the Pano console, but it's tolerable).
Side air vents
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 15 September, 2011, at 9:52:00 am
I think it's still a bit difficult to tell exactly what the side vents look like. I think (hope) there's still camouflaging there. I know I hope they're not those little slits. Still don't like thos plain jane Honda Civic/Ford Focus mirrors on a Porsche.

It's hard to say yet what the roof will look like when in the down position. I'm just wondering if the back of the trunk lid will raise a bit to hide part of the roof the way the clam shell does now, something like what happens with the VW EOS.

I agree about the Pano style console. It looks space age, but just doesn't seem ergonomic to me. You have to take your eyes way off the road to see what switch you're planning to use, plus the height of the shifter. ...sigh.

Just have to wait and see.
Interior vents
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 15 September, 2011, at 9:40:44 am
When I first saw the interior picture, I thought the same thing. BUT, when I looked a little closer, I realized that must be a 991 interior (check the number of gauges), with the top of the dash removed (notice the hollow area on the passenger side). If you check back a few pictures, you'll see the 991 completed interior - it has front and top vents which don't look that bad with the top of the dash installed.
You're right. *NM*
Roger987 - Thursday, 15 September, 2011, at 10:10:16 am
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login