Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
NBC: FIAT 500
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Thursday, 15 September, 2011, at 11:48:33 pm
Is it me, or is this the most over hyped new model? They have J-Lo singing the praises, but it's a very unattractive car with no power... and it's a Fiat. I assume they have improved on the, "Fix It Again Tony" lineage, but it will be interesting to see if they can get over their reliability issues. Apparently the Renault Le Car patent has expired. winking smiley

One of the biggest SoFla auto dealers ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 16 September, 2011, at 8:48:44 am
... had set up a SMART dealership in my home town of Weston.
A few months later, Mercedes-Benz made them shut down because only Mercedes dealers can operate as SMART dealers.
They then set up a Fiat dealership and are apparently doing quite well.
I like the "Cinquecento".
With some aggressive spacers/fender extensions and some engine work it should be an awesome AX'er.
Even better if JLo decides to ride shotgun!
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Hmm... like the original Mini Cooper perhaps. *NM*
Laz - Friday, 16 September, 2011, at 9:21:02 am
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
If
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 16 September, 2011, at 10:25:59 am
JLo rode shotgun, I suspect it would have a negative impact on driving scores? winking smiley spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2011 11:13AM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Not if you like a rearward weight bias. *NM*
Laz - Friday, 16 September, 2011, at 10:44:23 am
Depends on how you calculate the score *NM*
Boxsterra - Friday, 16 September, 2011, at 3:21:32 pm
Weighted average? *NM*
Laz - Saturday, 17 September, 2011, at 11:30:32 am
Re: NBC: FIAT 500
ddb986 - Friday, 16 September, 2011, at 11:53:11 am
A Charlotte area dealer had 3 or 4 of them at the most recent Cars & Coffee event. They had sales staff answering questions and handing out brochures. They are marketing them aggressively, which I'm sure is needed.

If you are interested and have the time (about 30 minutes) Jay Leno talks about his new Fiat 500............

[www.jaylenosgarage.com]

ddb
Re: I'd buy this one in a minute..
patrick - Friday, 16 September, 2011, at 4:59:59 pm
i find that car to be terribly ugly. it looks like a bump or a wart or something. i thought they'd never sell here but they are all over the place. i guess people want whatever is new, to be different. mini, smart, now the 500. oh well. it'll pass.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Some people will just "love 'em, warts and all." *NM*
Laz - Saturday, 17 September, 2011, at 11:16:48 am
...I could hardly get her to look at it, she hated the styling so much.

I'm baffled by Top Gear's love for it. I don't even know how it can handle in an entertaining way since it has the height/width ratio of a tour bus.
paulwdenton - Monday, 19 September, 2011, at 9:13:12 am
I like it the styling, and little cars can be lots of fun even if they are slow. They are like driving a go-kart. The fun is all in how and where you drive. Probably would be rotten on a track or long-distance travel on the freeway, but I'd take a 500 over a Boxster in a race across Manhattan in rush hour. And you have to remember, Porsche drivers are not exactly the demographic that FIAT is trying to sell to. Ask your teenagers whether they'd like to have one to go to college with ...
I also like the styling
Boxsterra - Monday, 19 September, 2011, at 11:39:36 am
and I appreciate that they are true small cars (as opposed to the Mini). Also, the interior of the Mini looks like it was designed by Fisher Price for teenage boys. The Fiat has a much classier interior.
lacleven - Wednesday, 28 September, 2011, at 8:44:23 am
I suspect if I gave my teenager a choice between a Fiat or Boxster for college, I would quickly end up with the Fiat and loose my Boxster :-)
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Tuesday, 27 September, 2011, at 9:08:24 pm
A co-worker recently bought a Fiat 500 for his wife. He's very happy with it and another co-worker who works remotely and recently got one as a rental car had good things to say about it. Neither would be considered "car people", but as folks have mentioned, that's not the target market. I just can shake the, "Fix It Again Tomorrow" quality reputation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login