Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
My Porsche indie responded to an email I sent to him asking what he recommends for lubrication of my top mechanism. His response was HS2000 and he said it gels as it drys. The product description says the following:

"The solvent in Würth HHS 2000 evaporates as it is sprayed resulting in an immediate strong adherence of the lubricant onto metal. It is ideally suited in places where mineral oil and other lubricants do not achieve long term effectiveness or where parts must be dismantled when applying lubrication paste. It also has long lasting effectiveness in places which cannot be lubricated in short term intervals. Sprays on as a liquid and then dries to a clear semisolid which will not dry out. Würth HHS 2000 is water resistant, will not attract dust and will not damage rubber."

Anyone use this stuff? By the way, I just lubricated my top mechanism with lithium grease.
a comment.....
por911(bc) - Sunday, 18 September, 2011, at 12:22:10 pm
I've used wurth products for years and HHS2000 is great stuff for certain apps. For the ball sockets, I would use a high pressure grease. HHS, would do well on the gear but I would use their dry lube on the joints. HHS does dry, but will collect dirt, depending on where it is applied.
regards
That stuff is great
Boxsterra - Monday, 19 September, 2011, at 9:09:12 am
There are some places like the front and rear hood latches, for example, where the Wurth is perfect and no other lubricant I've tried (and I've tried many) works nearly as well.
Re: That stuff is great
Wayne K - Tuesday, 20 September, 2011, at 6:00:36 pm
Also works well on bicycle chains.
Would this stuff be good for garage door hinges?
scott in socal - Thursday, 22 September, 2011, at 12:07:51 pm
Still looking for a good garage door lubricant. Seems like no matter what I try within about a month the squeaking returns.
Sounds like you need to adjust the track
Boxsterra - Friday, 23 September, 2011, at 1:35:54 pm
If the moving parts are being pushed in a strange direction, they will complain no matter what grease you put on them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login