Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Pedro, you have accusump installed?
Cris - Thursday, 22 September, 2011, at 11:32:55 am
I really like my 2008 Boxster S and like it more to run it at DE's when I can. While I'm still running street tires (Hankook Ventus v12) and have a habit of short shifting @ <6500 rpm, I do try to squeeze as much out of the car when I'm @ DE's... and at some point go with stickier tires. After reading many posts on the interweb about M96/97 (Cayman/Boxster) grenading... I am thinking accusump would make for a not-so-expensive insurance. Yes, it won't fully address the short-coming, but will help. Right, Pedro? If you have the accusump installed, I'd like to check it out some time. I figured this would make for a fun winter project for me. smiling smiley

BTW, as much as I want to solve the oiling problem via a Spyder with new engine and PDK (and sport buckets), it's not economical at this point. Boo hoo.
When I started reading your post...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 22 September, 2011, at 1:14:51 pm
I was going to say: "get a Spyder". smiling smiley
I did install an Accusump on mine.
I was going to post photos and a writeup but got tied up and didn't.
You're welcome to check it out whenever you want.
My install I believe is unique as I've never seen or heard of anyone else doing it that way.
I'll post as soon as I can.
Happy Boxsrering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
LOL... I'm not like guys with Cayman S'
Cris - Thursday, 22 September, 2011, at 3:15:08 pm
dumping their cars like bad habit and upgrading to the Cayman R... Plus, Nina already reminded me (once more this morning) I can't use "my engine may grenade" as an excuse to upgrade. I thought it was a pretty sound argument myself. smiling smiley

There are a few folks on P-9 who mounted the accusump in the transmission tunnel. I may do the same thing (or somewhere near the rear bumper. What I'm interested in is whether you went to the LN spin-on filter adapter plate with accusump setup. I know you've been a strong supporter of the factory/open oil filter setup.
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login