Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Fog Lamp Replacement
jleo47 - Thursday, 22 September, 2011, at 7:25:46 pm
So why should it take 4 hands and a monkey to replace a fog lamp bulb in a 2000 Boxster? Getting inside the small opening to undo the bulb clip is fun; getting it back on is not! I'm happy that this procedure is only required every few years. I run with the fogs on all the time (jury-rigged the light switch to allow for them being on without having the headlights nor running lights on). Note: the 11 year old wires are now so brittle that just touching them caused the insulation to crumble off.
Re: Fog Lamp Replacement
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Friday, 23 September, 2011, at 1:26:58 pm
Did you wire them so the right tail light isn't illuminated as is normal when using the standard process of pulling on the light switch? I'd be interested in hearing more about your hack as I like the added visibility provided by driving with the lights on.
Interesting, I thought when you pull the switch out, it turned on front fogs and right rear bulb. Can you elaborate, or I suppose I could RTFM. smiling smiley
Good to know, thanks.
jleo47 - Friday, 23 September, 2011, at 3:01:06 pm
My hack is actually 2 quarters stuck together with silicone RTV and placed behind the switch knob to keep the front fog setting on. I will devise a better device (not quarters) when I have some free time. :-)
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Friday, 23 September, 2011, at 3:33:13 pm
An interesting twist on the, "pennies in the fuse box" trick. winking smiley
jleo47 - Friday, 23 September, 2011, at 3:38:41 pm
And much safer... ;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login