Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Lake Arrowhead "Timeline"
Tino - Sunday, 25 September, 2011, at 5:42:27 pm
My wife and I went to the Lake Arrowhead "Timeline" Show yesterday. The show is put on by the Riverside Region of PCA, and no, it does not have anything to do with Facebook. The idea is similar, though: show examples of Porsche cars from the beginning up to modern times, arranged more or less chronologically in a nice location. The cars were parked all over the "village" section of the town and by the lakefront, so you could walk around, shop, eat, drink, and look at the nice machinery and scenery all at once. It started with some nice 356's, from the early 50's:

And continued with some from the 1960's:

One of my favorite cars in the show, a pristine 1973 911S, which I consider to be one of the high-water marks for the model, even with the ugly US bumperettes:

When I started work, a colleague had one, which he had bought new, and I got to spend a fair amount of time in the car, going to several Grand Prix races at Watkins Glen in it. Good memories!

The cars continued their progression in time, all lined up along the waterfront:

Acqua blue, anyone?

The 993's were well-represented. There were about half a dozen in the show. Here are two:

Old and new. Family resemblance?

And finally, the public parking lot with the mandatory Boxster content:

The lot was almost as interesting as the show itslef. This event is held every year, at about the same time. It makes for a nice day's outing for any car buff in Socal, and the roads getting there are not bad, either.
Very cool! *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Sunday, 25 September, 2011, at 6:51:39 pm
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
That looks like a GREAT event
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 25 September, 2011, at 7:38:01 pm
The timeline idea is great so people can see the how the cars evolved. Looks like a great little town, all dressed up with the various vintages of Porsches.

Thanks for sharing.
Wow great shots, I agree love the
DougW - Sunday, 25 September, 2011, at 8:14:21 pm
73 991S.
Is that arctic silver?
Re: Wow great shots, I agree love the
Tino - Monday, 26 September, 2011, at 1:07:22 pm
Unfortunately I do not remember the specific name of the paint on the car, but it was a light silver color, which from memory I would say is close to the modern-day arctic silver. I don't know if they had such a name back in '73.
I believe it was called Silver Metallic *NM*
patrick - Monday, 26 September, 2011, at 7:14:19 pm
Beautiful. And speaking of timelines and arrows...
Laz - Sunday, 25 September, 2011, at 10:59:30 pm
[en.wikipedia.org]

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
I checked weather.com and it showed a 30% chance of rain at the Lake. I figured that the rain would put a damper on things. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I have been to the event several times. I check out the timeline then watch the oompa band and Oktoberfest festivities at the Lake Arrowhead Village (adjacent to the timeline). The band drinks after each song and gets pretty sauced up by the end of the day. Plenty of Chicken dances along with the stein holding and beer guzzling contests. Male and female separate contests.

Did it rain? I would have been there at about 10AM. The skies look clear as a bell in your pics.
Tony in Whittier
I checked weather.com and it showed a 30% chance of rain at the Lake. I figured that the rain would put a damper on things. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Did it rain? I would have been there at about 10AM. The skies look clear as a bell in your pics.

Looks to me like they got the 70% no rain. cool smiley
No rain at all, either there or on the way there and back. It was just about a perfect day weather-wise. I know what you mean about the band:

I am a big fan of German Volksmusik (although not necessarily oompah music) and I actually had some in the iPod in the car. It was fun listening to it on the way back after the Oktoberfest at the lake.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login