Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Battery ?, Shoutout, Misc parts free
Bill S - Tuesday, 27 September, 2011, at 6:27:46 am
I came back from a 1 week vacation to find my 6 month old 2011 BoxsterS dead. I charged the battery and disconnected my radar detector/GPS power wire (into a switched connection in the fuse box). The car will be going to the dealer in a few days but... The battery read 12.55 volts last night and this am read 12.32. Is this an acceptable drop overnight or is there another power drain?
Thanks

Also I am an original PPBBer having gone to the first Boxster meet in Washington DC. I am on my 4th Boxster.

Lastly I have many old parts that I am willing to give away for the cost of shipping inc multiple interior parts for a 2000 Boxster S, headlight assemblies, tail light assemblies, rear center console, Bra, etc.
I can list all of these and have pictures.
Also I have an unused OEM tonneau cover with all the fasteners and bag (986-561-985-00-A 10) bought in 2002 and never opened.
I will sell this as they go for a significant amount on the net
Contact me

Bill S
AKA Bill S
Too much of a voltage drop, however
Boxsterra - Tuesday, 27 September, 2011, at 8:32:17 am
You should check the water level. If it is low, fill to the line, charge, and try again.

Mike Focke has a detained writeup of how to diagnose battery problems: [sites.google.com]

For the items you're looking to give away, I recommend you make a list of them and put it in the classifieds: [pedrosboard.com]
'Shoutout'
Roger987 - Tuesday, 27 September, 2011, at 9:06:33 am
"Shoutout" appears to be becoming as ubiquitous as "like", as in " I'm going to the like store to pick up some like parts for my like bitchin' Chevy Cobalt, like. "

I'm curious; what is 'shoutout' intended to convey in the original post? Back in the day when 'like' wasn't used as banal filler, was there a word or expression that conveyed the same meaning as 'shoutout' ?
Re: 'Shoutout'
Bill S - Tuesday, 27 September, 2011, at 7:57:34 pm
Sorry if the term offends.
just meant to point out that I was one of the original PPBBers
My first Boxster was the second one out of the dealer in early 1998.
I've visiter PPBB and now Pedro's board multiple times a day since

Bill S
Roger987 - Tuesday, 27 September, 2011, at 10:25:17 pm
Wasn't offended at all. Rather, I'm genuinely curious as to what the expression means.

I attended a wedding reception recently, and the groom said, in the course of his speech, "a big shoutout to my new in-laws". I really had no idea what he meant, and guessed (and I'm still only guessing) that he was attempting either to extend a greeting to his mother and father-in-law (who were in the audience), or to thank them. It struck me as unfortunate that, if indeed he was trying to thank them, he didn't say just that, "thank you". From the look on the parents' faces, they seemed as baffled as I was.
John B in SC - Wednesday, 28 September, 2011, at 9:57:03 am
From the urban dictionary:

Shout out - To acknowledge someone. To make one's presence known.

Shout-out (n) -Slang - A public expression of thanks or gratitude.

See my other pastime at www.gothamcityracing.net
Roger987 - Wednesday, 28 September, 2011, at 11:20:47 am
Clearly I'm not keeping abreast of current expressions.

In Bill's case, I gather it was 'to make one's presence known'.

Thanks...or..." A big shoutout to you, John B." smiling smiley
Re: Battery, similar experience
Bobtesa - Tuesday, 27 September, 2011, at 9:32:14 am
The battery on my 2008S also died after about 6 months from purchase. I didn't check volts or anything, just took the battery out, brought it to my dealer, they found a bad cell and replaced for free.
headlight assemblies
bar10dah - Tuesday, 27 September, 2011, at 10:43:37 am
I would like the headlight assemblies, if they fit my '99 (I think that it does). My driver's side appears clear, but my passenger side looks yellowed. Not sure why that has happened.
Re: Battery ?, Shoutout, Misc parts free
986rgt - Tuesday, 27 September, 2011, at 6:29:29 pm
Bill, I would like to call dibs on the rear centerconsole if it is in good shape. I'll send you a pm...

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
Two batteries down with my 2007confused smiley
carlos in Montreal - Tuesday, 27 September, 2011, at 6:39:32 pm
I had bad luck too or just a little carelessness, In my case my battery will run down in 2-3 weeks without a charger.
I know that the Boxster consumes a lot of juice with all the electronics and alarm system. But, in my case I have a dynamic GPS tracking system and it's a power hungry boy.

Lesson learned, unfortunately the hard way!
So I hard wired an external plug near the front lights just like a block heater (call it Canadian ingenuity) for my Cteck charger.

Then when I get home I just hook up the Cteck to the outside plug, no opening of the hood and no wire trailing out side the doors.grinning smiley
Have you any spoiler actuator parts?
Sheriff John - Tuesday, 27 September, 2011, at 6:49:58 pm
One of my "hinges" don't work. It's probably a cable, so if you have anything from that assembly, that would be cool. Jcwencel@gmail. Com
Re: Have you any spoiler actuator parts?
Bill S - Wednesday, 28 September, 2011, at 3:48:46 am
sorry
no spoiler parts, just interior bits as I modified my 2000 Boxster S with wood interior bits,
litronics, deambered tail lights, and a a 996 gauge cluster and surround with working oil pressure .

Bill
bar10dah - Wednesday, 28 September, 2011, at 8:21:39 pm
Are the headlight assemblies still available?
Bill S - Thursday, 29 September, 2011, at 5:26:14 am
I believe headlights, tail lights and center console are taken

Bill
Parts for sale can be found here
Roger987 - Thursday, 29 September, 2011, at 1:34:53 pm
Final result
Bill S - Sunday, 2 October, 2011, at 6:47:21 pm
Dealer could find no problem and the battery wouldn't hold a charge.
Chalked it up to a bad battery and replaced under warranty.

Bill S
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login