Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
XENON HEAD LIGHTS
Larry G - Sunday, 2 October, 2011, at 1:07:33 am
One of my parking lights burnt out tonight, I was trying to see if that is a separate bulb or part of the complete Xenon assembly, I do not want to try & take it apart until I know what it will take to replace it.
Does anyone know difficult it is to replace?
04 550 SE Boxster
Re: XENON HEAD LIGHTS
986rgt - Sunday, 2 October, 2011, at 6:51:30 am
Larry,
The parking bulb is a separate bulb within the headlight unit. Check your manual and it will tell you how to release and remove the headlight unit. It is then as simple as removing the parking light bulb cover and swapping out the bulb. Then just follow the directions for re-inserting the headlight cluster. The big thing with this is making sure the cluster "clicks" when you re-insert it. If not, it has not locked in properly and could go flying down the road the next time you stop forcefully!

Hope that helps you out...

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
Re: XENON HEAD LIGHTS - don't touch the new bulb
Bobtesa - Sunday, 2 October, 2011, at 8:28:39 am
Larry, it should say somewhere (in the manual or on the box containing the replacement bulb) not to touch the new bulb with your fingers. Apparently even a small amount of oil from your skin will - well, I don't know what - shorten the life of the bulb, blow it somehow, not sure, but don't touch it. Handle it with a clean cloth, paper towel or something.
Use a clean, lint free cloth soaked w denatured or isopropyl alcohol to clean the bulb glass. Best prevention is to use a pair of rubber gloves when handling.
A reason why it gets referred to as "rubbing alcohol."

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login