Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Went on a roadtrip this weekend and the car sat out side for two days of pretty constant rain. The car was dry inside, but when the rain finely broke, I dropped the top with the windows down. But shortly there after, raised them. The inside of the driver's side was wet. So much so, it left water spots after it dried. Not sure if this should be a concern, but I'm thinking there's alot of stuff inside the door that probably shouldn't get wet. Is this a concern, or am I over reaching? I've never had a car do this before (hard or soft top). Just thought I'd feel the baord out before going to the dealer route (under warranty for two more years).

Thanks.
the window can have some moisture (fine water droplets) on it. But on the outside surface only.

If the inside of the glass is wet this is a sign the door/window seals are leaking and the door is possibly filling up with water. Open the door and give it a shake listening for any water sounds.

Oh, I note the car is still under warranty, so ASAP arrange to take the car in and have this looked into. In all the years I've had my Boxster and all the times it has sat outside in the rain, snow and ice the inside surfaces of the windows have never shown any signs of moisture.

Do not delay. If the door is getting water in it this will start to manifest odd symptoms at the door, window, which if left unresolved can turn into electrical gremlins at other areas that can really have you scratching your head.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login