Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Latest Porsche Rage almost causes me to crash
db997S - Wednesday, 5 October, 2011, at 9:09:01 am
I’ve posted before about negative responses in the less than two years I’ve owned my 997 S Cab. Usually, it’s people speeding up and honking at me while I try to change lanes. In 11 years of Boxster ownership, the only negative thing to happen was a drunk on St. Patty’s day tossing a cup of water at my car as I drove past. All else, was extremely positive.

The latest incident, my wife and I were coming home from a long weekend at Watkins Glen, NY (not a track thing). Part of the drive is along Route 15 through the “mountains” of eastern Pennsylvania. The road in many places is one lane in each direction, but for the uphill stretches, the side going up gets two lanes. I’m chugging along in the left lane passing the slower cars on the right (one of those times where the slow cars actually stayed right). Closer to the top where you have to merge over, I pass the last car and am getting ready to merge back to the single lane, when this Mitsubishi Evo I passed a couple of cars earlier appears on my right door out of nowhere. I thought my wife was going to have a heart attack as she thought I was moving over and didn’t see him, which I didn’t for the first three times she shouted my name. I was running out of lane real quick with on coming cars heading my way. After I passed this freaking idiot, he must have ducked in behind me then sliced back over in front of the lead car in the right lane, all to try and get around me because I had the gall to pass him. I think if my wife wasn’t with me to scream, I would have hit him going about 70. Also, if Porsche brakes weren’t as good as they are I would have been heading southbound in the northbound lane of traffic because I wouldn’t have been able to slow so quickly. Luckily, the car the Evo cut in front of to pass me must have slowed down enough to avoid being clipped, I was able to get over. The Evo was going so fast at that point he had to use the shoulder to pass a car ahead of him because he was in one-lane traffic again.

Don’t know what it is about this car, or maybe it’s the times we are in where if you either have money or appear to have money, you are evil. I’m starting to think it’s the latter (just another "rich" jerk getting ahead of me in life). Going on another road trip next weekend. Hopefully, it will be incident free because I still do really enjoy the heck out of the car.
Its not the Porsche. You have to think about who drives Evo's
jg wnc - Wednesday, 5 October, 2011, at 9:52:25 am
Boy racers with their rice rocket. It didn't matter that you were in a Porsche, only that you had passed him. As Laz notes, these kids have more testosterone than brains.
That's the T factor. *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 5 October, 2011, at 11:40:30 am
Coincidentally, an Onion radio report that came out today:
Laz - Wednesday, 5 October, 2011, at 9:15:29 pm
Angerpoweredcars

Not sure how they arrived at $2.00/gallon gas, but I wonder how well the "Chevy Tantrum" would sell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2011 09:20PM by Laz. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login