Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Headlight Bracket install
crumbum - Tuesday, 11 October, 2011, at 8:52:27 pm
The Boxster that I bought has one lazy eye. I looked and it seems that it doesnt have a headlight bracket on the left headlight.

I have looked for instructions on how to install it and set the knurled screws on it, but have not found any.

Does anybody have instructions / link?

BTW, there are a few more issues with this vehicle. I wish I had done a pre purchase inspection.
to come off to get at the adjustments.

In the factory manual (of my Turbo) about all I could find was that if the headlight bracket needs to be replaced to use the old bracket's adjustments to set the new bracket's adjustments.

When I got my Turbo back from the body shop the passenger side headlight (replaced along with the bracket and in fact the passenger side fender) the headlight was obviously not positioned correctly. The beam may have been ok but the headlight's fit did not match that of the other side (undamaged and factory). I took the car back to the body shop and it took the car to the dealer and had the dealer's tech adjust the bracket to position the headlight so the headlight fit just like the other side and the light beam was properly aimed.

Let me see if I can find out anything specific to the Boxster in my references. But I suspect you will probably end up having to take the car in to a qualified shop and have this done.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
no way to type in drawings. Send me a private email with your email address and later today I'll make PDF copy of the several factory repair manual pages and send the PDF file to you.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login