Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Need facts to determine if car is fixed
AndyInNYC - Thursday, 13 October, 2011, at 9:31:31 am
I hit a deer at the beginning of the summer (or, given the angles, the deer hit me).

The auto shop and dealer were having difficulties with the alarm system which was traced to a passenger door actuator (?) which indicates whether the door is open/closed/locked, whatever.

This weekend the car gave me the same issues - I would lock it with the key and it would lock, unlock and double beep - so back to the dealer.

The cause was located as corrosion on the driver's side door connectors. It was stated that the 'damage' occurred while the door was off during repairs (that's quick damage). They cleaned it up and put it back together and billed the insurance company.

Here's the question: (finally, right?). The car is a 2000 2.7. Now, when I take the key from the ignition, all of the dash lights do NOT go off. If I exit the car and then trigger the alarm, all the dash lights go off and the alarm sets.

I don't remember lights staying on when I turn the car off? I'm not the most observant fellow, but is the car operating correctly?

I've already replaced the ignition switch once, and the dealer has confirmed that the switch is not bad/part of any of the problems.

Andrew
Re: Dash lights do stay on until the alarm is armed - normal
AndyInNYC - Thursday, 13 October, 2011, at 9:36:11 am
Thanks - nice to know I'm just losing my mind as opposed to a problem with the car.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login