Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Last run of the year
richard986pei - Tuesday, 18 October, 2011, at 4:46:53 pm
I'm following this forum daily and I thought it's time to post some pictures with the helpful advise from Guenter, aka the CURVEN8R. These pictures are taken on Prince Edward Island's North Shore on a sunny 22 degree Celsius day. Unfortunately this was my last run of the season - the next day she had to be put away - hibernation for the winter season. Looking already forwards to the spring -can't wait much longer!!!!!!! I'm counting the days already.

Re: Last run of the year
Tino - Tuesday, 18 October, 2011, at 6:45:58 pm
Nice pictures, but if it was 22 oC, it seems awfully early to be going into hibernation. Why not drive it until it gets to about 10 or 5 oC on a consistent basis? In any case, thanks for the nice views.
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 18 October, 2011, at 7:51:30 pm
Great pictures, Richard!!! Nice to see another PB member's Boxster. Is it Seal Gray? Looks like you had it all cleaned up before going into hibernation.

The picture with the red & white building and the next one - where they taken near Stanley Bridge?

The one with the lobster traps - North Rustico?

Still remember that great time we had when we stayed in PEI six years ago.

I'm dreading the thought of hibernation. With any luck, I might be able to put it off for another 4 or 5 weeks.
richard986pei - Tuesday, 18 October, 2011, at 8:21:37 pm
You know your way around here on PEI. You are very close with the area you have mentioned - the lobster traps are certainly in North Rustico. The owner of the place I store my car over the winter always likes to store all the boats and cars this time of the year and since I don't have a garage at my house I don't have much choice. But as Tino suggested and you mentioned, to put another 4-5 weeks on would be definitely the better choice. Unfortunately we could have snow and freezing temperature next week - right now the temperature is unusually warm - makes up for the very, very bad May and June.

Seal Gray, 2003, Tiptronic, Navi, Bose
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 18 October, 2011, at 8:58:42 pm
One year, I had to store the CURVEN8R about 20 miles from here and I stored it earlier that year too. Now it's stored here in the garage, so that's a definite advantage. Also, I know that it tends to be cooler and generally wetter in PEI, so you need to store it a bit sooner for that reason alone.

At least in Spring, we always look forward to getting out our cars. Almost like getting a new one every Spring. smiling smiley
Richard.....we just returned from PEI.......
JiminAZ - Wednesday, 19 October, 2011, at 7:58:22 pm
We stayed in Charlottetown just for a day as we were on a cruise which ended in Quebec City. Since my wife's name is Charlotte, it was a special place. We were totally amazed in the diverse beauty of PEI in gseneral and certainly hope to return again!
Re: Richard.....we just returned from PEI.......
richard986pei - Thursday, 20 October, 2011, at 2:23:44 pm
Glad that you enjoyed Charlottetown - it is a very nice city, big enough to live in (things to do) and small enough to feel at ease. I have lived in larger cities such as Toronto and Zurich; all of them have their own unique trademarks but at the end of the day you can still feel the hectic environment which surrounds you. Now I call Charlottetown home - but several times a year I take the opportunity to visit larger cities just to experience the big city feeling for a few days which I still miss once in a while.
You and your wife should certainly come and visit the island once you have more time, it is a special place with many nature oriented things to do in the summer and fall - but stay away in the winter - it's dreadful.
This year we got over 40 cruise ships with most of them arriving in the fall. I just hope that you where on board one of the few ships which got blessed with sunshine when they docked in Charlottetown. Many had terrible weather with strong rain and strong wind.

Cheers
Richard
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login