Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
neither electronic key is working
artandscience - Thursday, 27 October, 2011, at 1:43:40 am
For some bizarre reason, neither of my electronic keys for the 2001 Boxster S is working.
Is there some arcane ritual one must perform after changing out batteries?

Also, a possibly silly question, should the battery positive side face up or down (visible or not?).

Have tried it both ways to no avail. Going into the dealer Friday and I want to be knowledgeable about the options.

cheers,
Stefan in Seattle
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2011 08:04AM by Laz. (view changes)
it's not likely but try this…
frogster - Thursday, 27 October, 2011, at 11:41:57 pm
try the procedure explained here for the "outside lock in range." i doubt that's it since both keys have failed at the same time but you never know.

one thing to check is if the LED on the dashboard of the car flashes quickly as long as you're holding the key down. if it does, then at least you know your key is talking to the car. then it's a question of whether or not the key is sending the wrong code or if the car doesn't recognize that key as being the correct one.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
The "both keys" factor could be a red herring
Boxsterra - Friday, 28 October, 2011, at 9:34:03 am
Often people use only one key and then when the first one stops working they try the second and it doesn't work. That doesn't mean that they both stopped working at the same time.
Re: The "both keys" factor could be a red herring
artandscience - Monday, 31 October, 2011, at 4:10:26 pm
Very good point. There was some time dilation in there I seem to remember. Got one working again but the other seems quite dead.

Anyone know a source for keys with built-in remote for some reasonable price (<$50)?

S.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login