Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
PORSCHE MUSEUM
BOB W - Thursday, 3 November, 2011, at 9:26:04 pm
HELLO FELLOW BOARDSTERS...

It has been awhile since I last posted on PedrosBoard ...I had sold my cars in 2010 due to being laid off but today am fortunate enough to have a New Job which enabled the purchase of a 2001 Boxster S !!!!

This car is Seal Grey with Sport design wheels, black interior and a few nifty options.

In celebration of this recent purchase I wish to share with you images of beautiful Porsche's taken at the source.

Last year in September I was fortunate enough to be on a business trip in Cologne Germany and took a day off and drove to Stuttgart to visit the Porsche Museum.

For those of you who have been to the Museum you understand what an amazing experience it is , for those who have yet to visit.. Attached is a link to my gallery where you can see some of the amazing products on display that Porsche has created over the years.

Enjoy

BobW from Miami
PORSCHE MUSEUM

[gallery.me.com]

BOB W
Welcome back! *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 4 November, 2011, at 8:21:59 am
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks for the pics! *NM*
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Friday, 4 November, 2011, at 9:06:27 am
Congratulations and welcome back
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 4 November, 2011, at 9:09:30 am
It's always good to see someone meet with success and back into the work force. Very nice reward - getting back into the world of Boxsters.

Thanks for sharing those pictures. It's always nice to be able to salivate a little ove those gorgeous cars on a Friday (or any other day) morning. smiling smiley
Thanks for the photos. *NM*
r9i8c7k - Friday, 4 November, 2011, at 2:30:13 pm
"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
My wife and I vacationed in Germany in October 2002 staying in Castles. One stop was Stuttgart for the Porcshe factory and museum tour. If you visit the link below you will see the before pictures, before they built the new museum. I guess I should have made that trip a decade later.

Porsche Factory & Museum trip 2002

The last photo at the link above is what the entire museum looked like at that time.

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2011 06:26PM by Jeff (Philly). (view changes)
thanks for the tour!
Sheriff John - Sunday, 6 November, 2011, at 1:42:29 am
I was in Holland last year and couldn't get down to the Museum, so these Photos are the next best thing. Did you noticed the lighting? You could tell that they Porsche spent a lot of time planning the lighting so even snapshots look professionally done! Impressive.

Not to say that you are not anything less than a professional!

Last year's LA Auto show, Audi and others, spent a lot of time on the lighting. I couldn't understand why some of my snapshots turned out so well, until a hobbyist told me what was going on.

Anyway, welcome back to the board and thx again for sharing your photos.

SJ
Re: PORSCHE MUSEUM
danz76 - Monday, 7 November, 2011, at 4:11:06 pm
Congrats on the Boxster, welcome back to the board and thanks for sharing the great pics.
kimhammersmith - Sunday, 18 March, 2012, at 9:31:18 pm
I just emailed Porsche to see if there is space for a factory tour on April 9...does anyone here have good connections for Porsche Pete's daughter (and her lovely husband)? I was in Stuttgart in 2003, only to find out I had to have an advanced reservation for the factory tour, so I only got to see the museum sad smiley

Is Chris from Germany still on this board?
Kim: Check your Private Message box. *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 19 March, 2012, at 8:59:30 am
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
jg wnc - Monday, 19 March, 2012, at 9:42:58 am
I did a tour in 2010. This was the address where my response came from: werksfuehrungen@porsche.de

I also received some correspondence from Christian Hoenniger at christian.hoenniger@porsche.de

Herr Hoenniger was in the public relations department. The tours started at 10:00 a.m. from the museum. We were fortunate enough to be able to see the engine assembly process and the body assembly process to. It is a terriric tour. Highly recommended!
kimhammersmith - Monday, 19 March, 2012, at 1:17:02 pm
i know it is amazing! however, the factory wrote me back today (much quicker than i anticipated) and they have no tours that day due to being Easter Monday. argh! will have to be next trip! sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login