Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
IN to VT questions.....
bigjim - Monday, 7 November, 2011, at 8:12:45 am
Well, the economy has taken its toll, but fortunately, I've been able to hold on to my dear boxster (heck, my wife even won't let me get rid of it!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out )

I'll be packing up the 987 with everything I can and have found an apartment close to downtown Burlington. I'll be keeping the car in a parking garage......my question is, is there anything special I'll need to be doing? I'll be driving it a few times a week scouting out the area for homes and such until my family comes out in the summer of 2012.

I'm planning a nice detailing session this week (clean, clay, wax, etc..) in preparation, but if any of you have any suggestions I'm listening!

enjoyed the nostalgic thread about who's still hanging around.

thanks all!
bigjim

It depends
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 7 November, 2011, at 8:32:15 am
Will you be driving it a few times a week thoughout the winter? If so, make sure you put winter tires on it - maybe even with a used set of wheels to protect the original ones from whatever the roads throw at you in VT. People in the VT area would know better what they use on the roads once the s**w hits.

If you will be storing it for an extended period and not driving it when there's s**w on the ground, then here's what I do (will be soon).

[pedrosboard.com]
Not sure what you're asking about. Keep salt off the car - especially the underside. Get winter tires/wheels. Run thinner oil. Wear tie-dye t-shirts. Drink Magic Hat. Ski Mad River.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Re: IN to VT questions.....
tom coughlin - Monday, 7 November, 2011, at 9:10:00 am
bigjim: I live in suburban Boston and drive my 02 year round. Oh, yes winter tires are a must even if the roads are clear you'll lose grip in the cold. In the spring you may want to take it to a car wash where you can power wash the undercarriage and get some of the salt off. Other than that, enjoy. Tom
thanks!
bigjim - Monday, 7 November, 2011, at 12:46:50 pm
I'm hoping my skis fit! If not, my wife and kids will be coming to visit in December for Christmas and we'll definitely be hitting the slopes. I am planning to drive it 3-4 times a week. I want to get to know the area and of course there is the grocery list.

I currenlty have all season tires on it right now, and don't plan on doing any crazy driving when the weather is nasty. I guess I can always take the bus if I need to.

i think my tie dyes have all but disentegrated, will surely try the Magic Hat, and my skis are already waxed!

thanks everyone.

bigjim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login