Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Yippeeeee...oil everywhere! Thanks Pedro.
SMILIN - Saturday, 12 November, 2011, at 9:33:38 pm
Lately I've had some oil drips on the garage floor which I hope I traced correctly to the #4 spark plug tube. So I ordered a new tube and O-rings and waited for a day with a few free hours...and today was it. Sure enough, I popped out the coil pack and I carelessly flung oil everywhere, confirming that there was an issue with the spark plug tube/O-rings. I easily popped out the old tube - the boat plug worked great! The spark plug tube looked fine, but after 14 years of service and for $5, I splurged and replaced it anyways along with the new O-rings. The job couldn't have been easier thanks to Pedro's excellent instructions. Thanks Pedro! I'm hoping for another 115k miles of dry service from the engine, but if future leaks are this simple, I guess I can handle that!
Cool
Boxsterra - Saturday, 12 November, 2011, at 9:52:52 pm
You just saved a boatload of money over going to the dealer.
I replaced all six of mine during a 90K service a few months back.
dghii - Saturday, 12 November, 2011, at 10:38:41 pm
None of mine were having an issue but I had already set my bit to do the plugs and tubes at the same time.

Sometimes its not even an issue with the part, its an issue with time. I just figured that with my luck, I'd replace plugs and a notice a drip a few weeks later...

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login