Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Getting out for one more end of season drive
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 14 November, 2011, at 9:33:37 am
We managed to get another above average temperature weekend which gave a few of us one more change to take ours cars out for a drive. It was pretty windy with overcast skies, but we managed to hit a high of 62 F at one point.

Stopped here on the north shore of Lake Erie.

Co-pilots dressed for November

Naked trees.

Re: Getting out for one more end of season drive
jwdbox - Monday, 14 November, 2011, at 10:38:06 am
Humm, what did the co-pilots have in the cups- seem way too happy winking smiley Particularly like the reflections on CURVEN8RS hood shot Guenter. Thanks for posting.cool smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 14 November, 2011, at 1:06:00 pm
jwdbox
Humm, what did the co-pilots have in the cups- seem way too happy winking smiley Particularly like the reflections on CURVEN8RS hood shot Guenter. Thanks for posting.cool smiley

The cup contents weren't to exotic. We had stopped at one of the famous Canuck watering holes - a Tim's for hot refills. The empty branch reflection did show up quite well on the hood. Almost 6 months before those poor naked branches get dressed again.
better keep the CURVN8R gassed up ready to go. smiling smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
CarreraLicious - Monday, 14 November, 2011, at 5:04:13 pm
Nice Guenter. We had a nice 69F day here in NJ, and I got the chance to also take the Box out for a top down drive. Forgot how nice it was to drive these cars. smiling smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 14 November, 2011, at 11:17:37 pm
boxtaboy
Nice Guenter. We had a nice 69F day here in NJ, and I got the chance to also take the Box out for a top down drive. Forgot how nice it was to drive these cars. smiling smiley

I agree with you 100%, Rich. After 6 years, the Boxster is just as much fun to drive as it was on day one. Permagrin is such a great affliction. cool smiley
so I took the 914-6.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2011 10:59PM by MikelSr. (view changes)
Sorry you weren't able to get out in the Boxster. Did you at least take the roof off the 914-6?

At least the battery is pretty quick and easy to replace, as you might have read a couple of weeks ago.

[pedrosboard.com]
Re: top stayed up for the 1.5 hr drive to the event sad smiley
MikelSr - Tuesday, 15 November, 2011, at 9:43:36 pm
I just had the alternator replaced in the Boxster before I put it in storage and I guess the battery (which is fairly new) wasn't charged up enough. This is the third battery I've put in the Boxster since 2003. I'll charge it this weekend, wash and wax both and put them to sleep for the winter.

I do think I have a exhaust leak in the -6 though. I could smell exhaust when I turned on the heat and had a pretty good headache when I was done (and yes I cracked a window and shut down the heat). This will be a winter project. I'll have to drop the headers and pull the heat exchangers off and inspect everything.

I'm glad you had a great time on your last run of the season!

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login