Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Back into the P car family
dak911 - Thursday, 17 November, 2011, at 12:06:30 pm
Finally, the Boxster is gone, unfortunately it became necessary to sell it various reasons....blah blah..
BUT we are now the proud owners of an 06 997 Cab/Tip. (NO Pedro, I didn't find a Green/Tan one, make do with Red/Black)
This was necessary so that I don't have to do all the driving when we go anywhere, especially road trips...(manual trans vs tiptronic...don't ask)
So, looking forward to JUNE and the 2012 BRBS....
(and the nickname now fits again)
Thanks all I'm back on the board
Daniel and Priscilla
When do I get to see it? *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 17 November, 2011, at 12:21:46 pm
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Me 2....me 2 cool smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 17 November, 2011, at 4:37:15 pm
Re: Back into the P car family
db997S - Thursday, 17 November, 2011, at 2:04:48 pm
Welcome back into the fold. I have a 2009 997S Cab, with PDK (same reasons you have Tip, too much car to justify only one driver). Much different than the Boxster. Took longer to get used to than my first Boxster (11 years of Boxster ownership as daily driver had an impact, too). I really do enjoy the 911. It has a different feel, but it is a driver's car. I really would miss the extra guages if went back to a Boxster and the sound of the 3.8l engine. Back seat is nice, too. Getting used to having things back there on trips--jackets, coolers, etc. Have even put a couple of neices and nephews back there. Took two pre-teen neices on a "gimick" rally held by our local PCA chapter. They really enjoyed it.

Enjoy the car. A tip in manual is not that bad, especially with the added hp of the 997. My Boxster S had one. I used it in manual about 95% of the time. Only in heavy traffic did I put it in auto. The PDK, though, is head-and-shoulders above the Tip. The PDK is in manual about 60% of the time.
congrats & welcome to the dark side aka BAC (per Harvey)
Burg Boxster - Thursday, 17 November, 2011, at 11:03:46 pm
Re:green... We almost bought a second 997 for the stable this summer... While in Newport Beach, CA my wife spotted a malachite green w/ cocoa top & sand int 997 at NB Porsche. Looked really nice...not for me but she was pining for it. Thank goodness it wasn't PDK... Enjoy your new 997 and make sure Mrs. Gary in SoFL gets to see/test drive it grinning smiley
Re: Back into the P car family
Meredith in Atlanta - Sunday, 20 November, 2011, at 4:53:27 pm
Hi Daniel, congrats on the new car!..
Rick (Nashville, TN) - Monday, 21 November, 2011, at 1:36:50 pm
Sounds like a winner all around. I hope you and Priscilla are doing well!

Kind regards,

Rick
Re: Hi Daniel, congrats on the new car!..
dak911 - Tuesday, 22 November, 2011, at 7:01:41 am
Rick
Thanks, and I hope we will see you at BRBS....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login