Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
986 Top Push Rod Repair Help
John99Boxster - Monday, 28 November, 2011, at 10:59:02 am
I need to replace the drivers side push rod. I am not able to compare the length of the old one because it broke off and was severely bent at some point.

How would I go about making sure the new rod is the correct length before installing? I dont want it to bend again obviously.

John Bosmans
1999 Boxster
Midnight Blue Metallic | Custom Rear Spoiler | 17" Turbo twist | Red Brembo Calipers | GAHH Top w/Glass Rear Window
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: 986 Top Push Rod Repair Help
John99Boxster - Monday, 28 November, 2011, at 12:48:50 pm
Pedro...Thanks. Makes sense. I just wanted to be sure that left and right are exact in length.

Any idea of what might have caused the old one to break apart at the white ball and get so severely bent (almost 90 degrees).

Just dont want to make the same mistake.
but then one should make observations for any asymmetrical linkage movement and proper, symmetrical action during operation, making fine adjustments accordingly.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Re: 986 Top Push Rod Repair Help
John99Boxster - Monday, 28 November, 2011, at 12:59:17 pm
Maybe stupid question but when I order a new one....do I need to specify LEFT side or are these interchangable?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login