Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
986 Front Motor Mount
SRG - Monday, 28 November, 2011, at 4:38:17 pm
Can someone please post up the part # for the latest greatest Porsche front motor mount for 986 Boxsters?

I think I've heard it's a Cayman S part?

Is Suncoast the best source?

Thanks,

SRG
a comment.....
por911(bc) - Monday, 28 November, 2011, at 6:23:50 pm
I believe the part is uniform(ie across 986/987/cayman) , and was updated to pt#987-375-023-05. Don't quote me, as they might have another for the "R" version. As someone who has replaced all the mounts on our 01 base, they have made improvements. I found all of ours had collapsed, and badly needed replacement. The shifting was vastly improved along with greatly reduced/eliminated rattles/vibrations. The car also feels more connected.
regards
Unfortunately, it's hard to compare
Boxsterra - Monday, 28 November, 2011, at 9:23:05 pm
since you're almost always going from a worn mount to a new one.
Re: Unfortunately, it's hard to compare
por911(bc) - Tuesday, 29 November, 2011, at 2:34:16 pm
I did not think our trans mounts were quite as bad as they were. The difference was stunning, and we're not aggressive driver's. I think the original mounts sourced through Corteco just did not have the correct density down right. The newer gen versions feel better then when the car was new. I think people acclimate to the driveline slope, poor shifting, vibrations, and rattles as part of the car.
regards
An alternative....
dghii - Monday, 28 November, 2011, at 10:00:15 pm
If you have access to press out your old mount, you can buy a new one (mount only, no frame) from Autohauz for $39. I bought one a few weeks ago and plan to install it during my next trip to the Auto Hobby shop. I'll post my impressions if I note anything of interest.

BTW, I also bought a mount from Suncoast back in September for a 98 Box I was working on. I can't remember the actual P/N but did verify it was the latest and greatest available. It is listed as the mount for 987's and Cayman's. Suncoast had the best price I could find (at the time, YMMV).

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login