Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
removing deep scuff marks
boxsterd - Monday, 28 November, 2011, at 6:30:17 pm
Can anyone recommend a product and/or method for removing deep scuff marks? It looks like someone opened their door onto my door but not hard enough to make a ding. Thanks.
Re: removing deep scuff marks
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 28 November, 2011, at 6:51:39 pm
boxsterd
Can anyone recommend a product and/or method for removing deep scuff marks? It looks like someone opened their door onto my door but not hard enough to make a ding. Thanks.

If the scuff marks are a different colour from your car, there's a good chance it's paint from the other car. In that case, it's amazing what a bit of wax and elbo grease will do. I had that happen to one of my cars a number of years ago. I thought for sure that there would be damaged, but when I got done, you couldn't tell where the mark had been. Basically, I had taken the offending car's paint off mine AND had a really good coat of wax on that part of the car. smiling smiley

Lucky that it didn't leave a ding.

Good luck with getting it off.
Try WD-40 *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 28 November, 2011, at 8:44:37 pm
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login