Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I reported a few days ago that I discovered that my car was covered with a fine mist of something that made the upper surfaces like fine sandpaper. Well, after I calmed down, I realized that is may have been over spray from a new bumper I had put on three months ago. My buddy backed into me and I got a new front bumper courtesy of his insurance. Well after posting here, I went back out to inspect the car and realized the new bumper was perfectly smooth and did not have the mist. I figured the car got sprayed when the bumper was off of the car.

So I took it to the body shop and they agreed it was over spray and they would clay the car and make it right. I am grateful and not really upset actually, things do happen. I am a bit embarrassed that I didn't catch it sooner - of course they didn't catch it either.

I can't imagine how this would happen as the paint booth is not near where they worked on the car - this shop is huge with many rooms.... maybe a technician pulled a trigger or something..... anyway, it will be fine. I need to schedule a day for the work.
Great to hear the body shop admitted the mistake and is making it right!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login