Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Fabspeed Boxster S Race Exhaust
jjspike - Thursday, 1 December, 2011, at 3:34:20 pm
Good-day,

now that the car has been stored for the winter, I am thinking ahead to the next driving season. I was thinking about installing the Fabspeed Race Exhaust system on my 2008 Boxster S. This is louder than my current sport exhaust and I am wondering if this is system is street legal. I near Toronto, Ontario and I am not familiar with the black-and-white in the law books. Any ideas or recommendations?

Cheers!
Re: Fabspeed Boxster S Race Exhaust
db997S - Thursday, 1 December, 2011, at 4:29:54 pm
No, but if you do the swap, get that used one and try and sell it. The sports exhaust gets great reviews.
Do a look up at local DMV
Cris - Friday, 2 December, 2011, at 11:15:10 am
The best thing to do is to look up this information at your local DMV. I assume your province requires cars to be inspected (annually or otherwise). If so, I would start with that inspection check list - what is the acceptable passing level. Last thing you need is failed inspection because the law says you cannot have non-factory exhaust or something. If you can't find it at the DMV, chat up the guy who runs inspection stations. Even if you passed inspection, your LEO may give you a hard time from time to time. If they feel what they're seeing/hearing is annoying them, they may use the loud exhaust as probable cause to pull you over just to make sure car is inspected and you have no outstanding tickets or warrants, etc. Not saying that will happen to you, but it's happened to others.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login