Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
New Battery in 2000S today
dghii - Wednesday, 7 December, 2011, at 4:48:51 pm
My car was still starting but turning over a little slower than usual. I also noted two times that my radio turn itself off, then back on shortly after starting out in the morning. The radio may or may not be related to the battery but I have previously replaced my ignition switch back in August.

Anyway, just for information, the old battery was an Interstate Group 85 from July 07 (previous owner). I replaced with a Group 48H6 battery from Sam's Club for $84.95. Battery is marked as a 'Duracell' but is a Johnson Controls unit. Battery has 36 month full replacement and prorated up to 96 months (yeah right). Date code was Dec11 so very 'fresh'.

All other places I shopped at were considerably more money, with less full replacement warranty

Battery prices have sure gone up! Off the top of my head, local pricing (Panama City Beach) was as follows:
Wal Mart $99
Autozone $106
Advance Auto $112 (can get cheaper with on-line coupon and pick up in store but still came out to $86 after jumping through hoops).
Pep Boys - $106 for Bosch
Carquest - $119 but manager said he'd sell for $106 (battery had a date code of 4/11)
Sears - Can't remember but seems like around $110

We don't have a local Costco and the closest is about 100 miles away. I called them and they quoted $69.95...great price but not worth the drive.

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login